BCG Recruitment Process
Boston Consulting Group (BCG) follows a series of 3-5 screening rounds to recruit candidates for different job roles. The campus recruitment procedure begins with resume review. The selection panel places high weightage to good academics, projects, and extra-curriculars. Then, the shortlisted candidates take an online test in specified time limit. After they clear the test, they are called for 2-4 rounds of interview. The following interviews form a part of BCG selection process:
BCG Interview Rounds
- Behavioural Interview
- Case Interview
Given below are some of the experiences and prospective interview questions for aspiring candidates:
BCG Interview: Experience 1
Candidate Background: Economics/Finance
Job Profile: Analyst
In the first stage, candidate gave an online test. After qualifying the test, the candidate was asked to appear for the behavioural interview round.
The interview was held at the firm’s office. Initially, the panel briefly discussed about the candidate’s credentials mentioned in her resume. Later, the candidate was asked the following questions:
- Tell us about your weaknesses and strengths.
- Tell me something that is not on your resume.
- What is that one thing you would change about your time at university?
- Can you describe a time when you found it difficult to work in a team?
- How do you think your academic experience will help you in this role?
This round lasted for 20-25 minutes. The candidate was selected for the next interview round.
The case interview also took place at the firm’s office. In this round, the candidate was given a case study on mortgage banking. The panel asked for the feasible approach required for the case study resolution. Given below are some of the interview questions:
- Should we enter subprime credit segment?
- What are the ways in which we can reduce the risk of getting payments late?
Later, the candidate was presented with another case study based on profit & loss case. The candidate was asked to state a solution keeping the cost aspect in mind. This interview went on for almost 45 minutes.
BCG Interview: Experience 2
Job Profile: Analyst
(The candidate applied through an online application. The first interview was conducted in telephonic mode, after which the candidate was called to the firm’s office for the final interview.)
Behavioural Interview Questions
- Why BCG?
- Go through your whole CV from the time you left college.
- Tell me about the challenges you faced at your workplace and how did you resolve them?
- What are your alternate career options?
- What are your salary expectations?
- What are your long-term goals?
Case Interview Questions
- Given a case study, where a bank had deployed sales force to sell home loan policies, but it didn’t result in any increase in revenues. Analyse the case and identify the reason.
- Given a case where the productivity of sales force of a retail outlet had become stagnant. Suggest ways to improve it.