A.T. Kearney Selection Process
A.T. Kearney conducts recruitment in a series of 4-6 rounds. In 2012, Glassdoor named Kearney as the 4th ‘Most difficult company to interview with’. The hiring process starts with resume shortlisting, and then the qualified candidates go through a few online assessments. Finally, there are 3-4 rounds of interview. In case of direct applicants, 1-2 telephonic/video interviews are held before the face-to-face ones. Given below are the major types of interviews conducted by A.T. Kearney:
A.T. Kearney Interview Rounds
- Case Interviews
- Behavioural Interviews
Given below are some of the experiences and prospective interview questions for aspiring candidates:
A.T. Kearney Interview: Experience 1
Job Profile: Associate Consultant
After the resume and cover letter screening, the candidate cleared online tests. Within a week, the candidate received confirmation for two video interviews. The first round was the case interview and second one was a behavioural interview.
The case interview lasted for 45 minutes over skype call. Below is an example of a case study similar to the one given in the candidate’s interview:
Scott Yarborough, CEO of Chicago Scientific, maker of non-invasive medical devices for cardiology, gynecology, oncology, etc., wants you to establish the distribution network for entry into the European market based on promising sales projections from Marketing. Chicago Scientific currently has manufacturing in Lake Forest, IL, and Raleigh, NC, and serves the U.S. market. The plant in Raleigh has ample capacity for the projected sales in Europe. Scott has asked you to advise him on establishing a supply chain structure for the European market. You have to look at the most appropriate distribution method for the European sales. (A few data tables were given for quantitative analysis.)
It was followed by the following 3 questions:
- What are the different factors you would consider in establishing a supply chain structure?
- Suggest which option Scott should choose.
- What additional considerations should you factor in while establishing a distribution network?
Post the case interview, the candidate was called by another interviewer for second interview round.
The behavioural interview went on for 45 minutes. Given below are some of the questions asked in this interview:
- Why AT Kearney?
- Walk me through your resume.
- Tell me about your greatest achievement.
- Tell an instance where you led a team through a difficult situation.
- Tell me about a time when you had a disagreement with your colleague/boss.
A.T. Kearney Interview: Experience 2
Job Profile: Analyst
(The candidate appeared for 3 case interviews and 2 behavioural interviews of 40 minutes each. Given below are the set of questions asked in these two types of interview.)
Case Interview Questions
Prompt 1: Private-label has become a threat for a large cookie manufacturer. How would you advise them?
Prompt 2: Global appliances company (kitchen appliances) is experiencing weakening profitability in the LATAM. What should we consider to increase profitability?
Behavioural Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself.
- Tell me something not on your resume.
- Give me an example when you led a team.
- Tell me an instance when you had to convince someone who is in disagreement with you.
- What has been your major accomplishment so far?
- Explain with example how would you manage conflict while working in a team.
- Why should we hire you?