Excerpts from Interview #1:
(A B.Engg. – IT student with profile as 7.6 CGPA and having 78 % in 12th and 83 % in 10th)
- OOPS concepts and fundamentals.
- What is inheritance?
- Tell me about the different sorting techniques.
- Write a program to find whether a given number is prime or not.
- Given a number ‘N’ and an array a[ ], find the number of possibilities of a[i]-a[j]=N such that i>j. (Could be solved in O( n ) using a HashMap).
- Why did you choose this college?
- Why do you prefer IT over other streams?
- Tell me something about Visa Inc.
Excerpts from Interview #2:
(A B.Engg. – EEE student with profile as 6.89 CGPA and having 82 % in 12th and 93 % in 10th)
- What are the different types of transformers?
- How ping works?
- Convert a star connected network into a delta connected network.
- What is the difference between 8085 microprocessor and 8086 microprocessor?
- What are your hobbies?
- Which is the latest book that you have read? Briefly narrate its story.
- Do you like to work in a team?
- What will you do if you have an altercation with a superior?
Excerpts from Interview #3:
(A B.Engg. – CSE student with profile as 8.56 CGPA and having 78.5 % in 12th and 85 % in 10th)
- Programs related to sorting techniques.
- What is the difference between a loader and a compiler?
- What is a two-pass assembler?
- What does 'mkdir' command do in UNIX?
- Tell me something about your family.
- Why do you want to join Visa and not some other company?
- Do you have any plans for higher studies?
Excerpts from Interview #4:
(A B.Engg. – IT student with profile as 8.4 CGPA and having 79.3 % in 12th and 89 % in 10th)
- State the difference between strings and arrays.
- What is abstract class?
- State the OOPs concept.
- State two differences between C and Java.
- What do you mean by pointer value and address?
- Why should we hire you?
- Are you willing to relocate?
- What is your family background?
- State your short term and long term goals.
- What is the one thing that you can provide the company and no one else can?
Excerpts from Interview #5:
(Computer Science Engineering student with profile as 7.7 CGPA and having 84.4 % in 12th and 86.2 % in 10th)
- How will you call C functions from C ++ and vice-versa?
- Explain paging, faulting, and deadlock?
- Define max, min heap and search time of heap.
- Is it possible to subtract pointers from each other? How?
- What motivates you to do your best on the job?
- Describe your management style.
- Why do you think you would do well at this job?
- What would your previous supervisor say your strongest point is?
Excerpts from interview #6:
(A student with a profile of CGPA 7.8 in graduation, 69.31% in 12th and 69.63% in 10th)
- What are the advantages to use stored procedures?
- Do you think BCNF is better than 2NF & 3NF? Why?
- Give me a SQL Query to find out the second largest company?
- Discuss transparent DBMS?
- What is the difference between exclusive lock and shared lock?
- What interests you most about this position?
- What is the difference between primary key, foreign key and candidate key?
- How has your education prepared you for your career?
- Describe your Final Year Project. What innovations did you bring into this project?
- Who is the CEO of the company?
Other Resources for Placement Training: