Excerpts from Interview #1:
(A B.Engg student with 8.9 CGPA and having 72% in 12th and 76% in 10th standard)
- How many words can be read by cin?
- What is the use of ‘super’ keyword inside a constructor?
- Explain the concept of proper inheritance?
- What are abstract classes and anonymous classes?
- When should a function throw an exception?
- Why do you want to join our company?
- Are you willing to relocate or travel?
- What are your strength and weakness?
- Describe your ideal company, location & job.
Excerpts from Interview #2:
(A B.Engg. – CSE student with profile as 8.4 CGPA and having 86 % in 12th and 93 % in 10th)
- How can you insert values in multiple rows using one Insert statement?
- Explain access specifiers?
- What are TCP/IP protocols?
- What are near, far and huge pointers?
- Explain waterfall model?
- Tell us about yourself.
- How much salary do you expect from us?
- Tell me something about our company?
- How do feel about working according to US timings – 1:00pm to 9pm?
- Do you have any questions for me?
Thomson-Reuters Preparation Links
Excerpts from Interview #3:
(Computer Science Engineering student with profile as 7.7 CGPA and having 84.4 % in 12th and 86.2 % in 10th)
- How will you call C functions from C ++ and vice-versa?
- Explain paging, faulting, and deadlock?
- Define max, min heap and search time of heap.
- Is it possible to subtract pointers from each other? How?
- What motivates you to do your best on the job?
- Describe your management style.
- Why do you think you would do well at this job?
- What would your previous supervisor say your strongest point is?
Excerpts from interview #4:
(A student with a profile of CGPA 7.6 in graduation, 75.41% in 12th and 72.33% in 10th)
Technical and HR interview:
- What do you mean by amortization and impairment?
- What is intercompany reconciliation?
- What is the securities transaction tax?
- Why do you know about the company?
- Do you enjoy doing independent research?
- Why do you want to join this company?
Excerpts from interview #5:
(A student with a profile of CGPA 7.21 in graduation, 72.41% in 12th and 68.23% in 10th)
- Suggest a method of joining two tables.
- What do you mean by “normalization”?
- What is object oriented model?
- Define RDBMS.
- Why is DML provided?
- Where do we generally create INDEX?
- What opinion do your friends have about you?
- When do you think you will complete and be able to join?(contextual question)
- Do you have any questions for us?
- What changes would you make at your college?
- If you were to ask one of your professors to describe you, what would he or she say?
- What do you think are your strengths and weaknesses?
Excerpts from interview #6:
(A student with a profile of CGPA 7.5 in graduation, 68.21% in 12th and 72.63% in 10th)
- Why do you want to work in audit?
- What are the objectives of internal audit?
- Explain about cross functional audits?
- What are audit control procedures?
- What do you mean by management audit?
- Do you prefer working in a team?
- How would a lecturer describe you?
- Do you keep your promises?
- What motivates you?
- Are you a good listener?
- Have you ever wanted to quit something?
- Tell me about your groups of friends?
- Do you believe in talent or hard work?
Other Resources for Placement Training: