Excerpts from Interview #1:
(A B.E. ECE student having 10th grade - 82.4%, 12th grade - 86.1%, Graduation score - 72.18%)
- How are freeway bridges built?
- Which is stronger solid steel rod or hollow steel pipe?
- Tell me the applications of modulus of elasticity?
- Tell me about braced excavation?
- Tell me about yourself.
- What does your name mean?
- Name two of your weaknesses and strengths.
- Why Tata Steel?
- Are you placed somewhere else?
Excerpts from Interview #2:
(Engineering student having 10th grade- 88.8% 12th grade-82.08% and graduation score- 82.5%)
- What is Carbide?
- In which year was the keystone power plant in Indiana country constructed?
- What are the applications and properties of Manganese Steel?
- What is the metallurgical explanation of effects of Chromium in stainless steel?
- What do you mean by absolute pressure?
- Brief information about yourself.
- Tell us about your education?
- How was the pre-placement talk useful?
- What is your weakness?
Tata-Steel Preparation Links
Excerpts from Interview #3:
(An Engg student with CGPA 7.69, 85.4% in 12th and 76.5% in 10th)
- What is the difference in diagrams of CT and IT in heat treatment of steels?
- How can gold be separated from mercury?
- What is gravity flow?
- Why do we do post heating in alloy steel welding?
- What is a kip?
- What other career options do you have?
- Tell me an experience of yours in that you didn’t like to do and how you handled it?
- What goals do you have in your career?
- How do you plan to achieve these goals?
Excerpts from Interview #4:
(Engineering student with CGPA 7.94, 81.3% in 12th and 83% in 10th)
- In which liquid is Gold Dissolved?
- Why nautical mile is different from statute mile?
- Which type of Casting Iron is the strongest?
- What is rigging?
- What are Metallurgical Microscopes?
- Why are you interested in our company?
- Why don't you join some private company? What is your long-term objective?
- What does success mean to you and how do you measure up to it?
- Where do you see yourself, five years from now?
Excerpts from Interview #5:
(Engineering student having 8.4 CGPA, 88.2% in 12th and 90.4% in 10th)
- What are the compositions of Brass?
- Tell me about absolute pressure? How do we calculate it?
- Tell me the difference between engineering stress and true stress?
- How can Brass be heat-treated?
- What is the melting point of Brass?
- What is the distance between railway tracks?
- Will you relocate?
- Who is your role model?
- What is your expected salary/CTC?
- How have your strengths helped you in getting your work done?
- How will your qualification help you in doing this job?
Excerpts from Interview #6:
(Engineering student having 8.04 CGPA, 96.7%, in 12th and 92.8% 10th)
- Describe strain aging based on dislocation theory.
- How high should the water tank be to provide a 60 PSI at base of this water tower?
- How does recrystallization temperature of metals affect alloys?
- What is proeutectoid ferrite and cementite?
- What is gravity flow?
- What are your hobbies?
- Tell us about your extracurricular activities.
- Are you a team player? Give an example.
- Who are the CEO of Tata Steel industries? What do you know about the company?
Other Resources for Placement Training: