Excerpts from Interview #1:
(A B.Engg – CSE student from Panjab University with 8.3 CGPA and having 90 % in 12th and 93.3 % in 10th standard.)
- Explain your project in detail.
- What is 'JMeter'?
- Will you be comfortable working in analysis and testing?
- Why have your marks gone down after your 10th?
- What are your future goals?
- What are your positive points?
- Why do you want to join Syntel?
Excerpts from Interview #2:
(A B.Engg. – ECE student from Panjab University with profile as 7.35 CGPA and having 82.1 % in 12th and 89.5 % in 10th.)
- What is mutual exclusion principle?
- Explain the process control block of a process.
- What is rise time and bandwidth?
- Introduce yourself.
- Explain your family background.
Excerpts from Interview #3:
(A B.Engg. – IT student from Panjab University with profile as 7.6 CGPA and having 78 % in 12th and 83 % in 10th.)
- OOPS concepts and fundamentals.
- What is inheritance?
- Write a program to find whether a given number is prime or not.
- Why did you choose this college?
- Why do you prefer IT over other streams?
- Tell me something about Syntel.
Excerpts from Interview #4:
(A B.Engg. – EEE student from Panjab University with profile as 6.89 CGPA and having 82 % in 12th and 93 % in 10th.)
- What are the different types of transformers?
- Convert a star connected network into a delta connected network.
- What is the difference between 8085 microprocessor and a 8086 microprocessor?
- What are your hobbies?
- Which is the latest book that you have read? Briefly narrate its story.
- Do you like to work in a team?
- What will you do if you have an altercation with a superior?
Excerpts from Interview #5:
(A B.Engg. – CSE student from Panjab University with profile as 8.56 CGPA and having 78.5 % in 12th and 85 % in 10th.)
- Programs related to sorting techniques.
- What is the difference between a loader and a compiler?
- What is a two-pass assembler?
- What does 'mkdir' command do in UNIX?
- Tell me something about your family.
- Why do you want to join Syntel and not some other company?
- Do you have any plans for higher studies?
Excerpts from Interview #6:
(A B.Engg. – IT student from Panjab University with profile as 8.4 CGPA and having 79.3 % in 12th and 89 % in 10th.)
- State the difference between strings and arrays.
- What is abstract class?
- State the OOPs concept.
- State two differences between C and Java.
- What do you mean by pointer value and address?
- Why should we hire you?
- Are you willing to relocate?
- What is your family background?
- State your short term and long term goals.
- What is the one thing that you can provide the company and no one else can?
Other Resources for Placement Training: