Excerpts from Interview #1:
(A CSE student with profile as 8.89 CGPA and having 88.9% in 12th and 91.3% in 10th.Offering job profile as SDE(Software Developer))
- Convert Binary tree to linked list.
- Rotate a matrix by 90 degrees.
- What is the definition of tree?
- What are the differences between graph and tree?
- When can you say a graph to be a tree?
- Write a program to show whether a graph is a tree or not using adjacency matrix.
- Given two numbers represented by two linked lists, write a function that returns sum list.
- Some stack based questions like stock span problem, next greater element.
- Some Dynamic Programming problems like maximum sum subarray, maximum sum subarray such that no elements are consecutive, edit distance, assembly line scheduling.
- Tell us about yourself.
- What inspires you to be part of the Snapdeal family?
- What is your dream company?
Excerpts from Interview #2:
(IIIT Hyderabad – CSE student with 9.19 CGPA and having 94.6% in 12th and 93.4% in 10th, offering job profile as Software Developer)
- He asked me the worst case complexities of Quick sort and Merge sort.
- Given an array that contains post-order traversal of a binary tree. Can you construct a single tree?
- Write the code for level-order traversal of a tree. Also to calculate the complexity of the code.
- Given a linked list placed in memory, what problems can arise if simultaneous operations are performed on the list. From here he started asking about threads because the answer was related to it.
- What steps are taken when the OS shifts from one-thread execution to another?
- Why Snapdeal? How is it different from its competitors?
- Why do you want to leave your current company in such a short interval?
- Did you ask your current company to provide that type of work as you are looking for in Snapdeal?
Snapdeal Preparation Links
Excerpts from Interview #3:
(A CSE student with 8.6 CGPA and having 96% in 12th and 95% in 10th,offering job profile as Software Developer)
- What do you mean by constant time complexity?
- What do you mean by hashing?
- What is the function of DML Compiler?
- State at least four kinds of indexing?
- Describe yourself.
- Why did you apply for Snapdeal?
- What did you buy via online shopping last time?
- Name the founder of Snapdeal.
Excerpts from Interview #4:
(An IT student with profile as 9.01 CGPA and having 93.4 % in 12th and 89.7 % in 10th offering job profile as Software Engineer)
Technical interview :
- You’re given a Boolean 2D matrix, can you find the number of islands?
- Tell us an efficient data structure for minimizing the following operations if we have an array arr[0 . . . n-1].
- Add a value x to array from index l to r where 0 <= l <= r <= n-1
- Find the value of a specified element of the array arr[i] where 0 <= i <= n-1
- Find the second largest element in an array using heap sorting.
- Write a program to implement a round robin scheduler and calculate the average waiting time.
- Given an array of strings, find if the given strings can be chained to form a circle. A string X can be put before another string Y in circle if the last character of X is same as first character of Y.
- Why do you want to be a part of Snapdeal?
- What makes you better than other candidates here?
- What are your short term & long term career goals?
- Use only 3 words to describe yourself.
Excerpts from Interview #5:
(A CSE student with profile as 8.47 CGPA and having 88.8% in 12th and 92.8% in 10th.Offering summer internship)
- Given a linked list, reverse K nodes in it.
- Search for an element in an array which has elements who’s values are first increasing and then decreasing. (Use modified binary search)
- Find the second largest element in an array.
- Convert a BST into a DLL and DLL to BST in place.
- Write a code to generate a series where the next element is the sum of last k terms.
- Lowest Common ancestor in a Binary Search Tree and Binary Tree.
- Implement a stack with push (), pop() and min() in O(1) time.
HR Interview:Why should we hire you?
- Tell us your weaknesses that hinder your work? How will you overcome them if we hire you?
- Are you comfortable with changing cities for the job?
- Tell me about all your projects and internship you did while? How did you get them?
- What makes the company different from other firms?
Excerpts from Interview #6:
(A CSE student with profile as 7.81 CGPA and having 91.3% in 12th and 88.8% in 10th.Offering job profile as Software Engineer)
- Given in face book find an efficient way to find the mutual friends between you and one of your given friends. Hint: hashing, dictionary data structure implementation
- For two very long numbers given, find the product of these numbers in an efficient way. Hint: using binary multiplication effectively.
- Given a number n, find the number just greater than n using same digits as that of n.
- Write a code to find the intersection point of two merging linked lists.
- Write a code to delete in a binary search tree.
- Construct a Binary Search tree using given preorder and inorder.
- Do you know someone working in Snapdeal?
- How did you come to know about Snapdeal?
- Do you work well under pressure?
- What are the challenges you facing in IT?
- Any queries?
Other Resources for Placement Training: