Excerpts from Interview #1:
(B. Tech background, with academic profile as 8.76 CGPA, 85% in 12th and 93% in 10th.)
- What is internal size of RAM, ROM in 8051?
- Tell us a File operation in C language with an illustrated example.
- What is the difference between i=10 & i==10?
- What is silicon BJT circuit?
- Compare DTL and TTL families of digital ICs
- What is job of loader in compiler?
- How did you come to know about Robert Bosch?
- What inspires you to join Bosch?
- Tell me about a time when you made a bad decision.
- What major problem have you had to deal with recently?
- What are your short-term goals?
- How do you evaluate success?
- What changes would you make at your college?
- What are your favorite subjects in your graduation and why?
- Tell me about a time when you prioritized the elements of a complicated project.
- Tell us your weaknesses which make you a less desirable candidate.
Excerpts from Interview #2:
(B. Tech background, with academic profile as 8.3 CGPA, 84% in 12th and 91% in 10th.)
- Draw and explain Architecture of microcontroller 8051?
- What is the SPI Protocol?
- Define Zener diode.
- Can you execute bit Array in C language.
- Differentiate S-R and J-K flip flops.
- Explain the working of a prime no. series generator in C.
- Tell me something about yourself.
- Whom do you consider your role model?
- Where do you want to be ten years from now?
- If you had to live your life over again, what would you change?
- Are you a team player?
- Tell me about a time when you surmounted a major obstacle.
- Tell me about a time when you were creative in solving a problem.
- Do you feel that you have disappointed your parents?
- Why do you have a drop in your academic performance?
Robert-Bosch Preparation Links
Excerpts from Interview #3:
(B. Tech background, with academic profile as 8.43 CGPA, 92% in 12th and 94.2% in 10th.)
- Is the following statement valid: int *char = 25?
- Explain to us the internal structure of UART.
- Define the terms inductance, resistance and capacitance? Give the units of measurement of each.
- What is an ideal differential amplifier?
- Discuss any Quist plot.
- How does a half wave rectifier circuit work?
- Tell me something about yourself.
- How will your contributions be different than other candidates here?
- Tell us the story of the founder of this company?
- Why should I hire you?
- Would you rather work with information or with people?
- What goals do you have in your career?
- Why do you want to work in this industry?
- What do you think it takes to be successful in this career?
- How much money do you need to make to be happy?
- What other companies have you applied till now? Why were you not able to convert them?
Excerpts from Interview #4:
(B. Tech background, with academic profile as 8.76 CGPA, 89.5% in 12th and 91.5% in 10th.)
- Can you draw the architecture for the 8086 microprocessor.
- What are the various interrupts in 8086? Explain.
- Explain KVL & KCL with physical significance.
- Explain the advantages of CMOS compared to TTL.
- Write a program to reverse a string.
- Are you willing to travel? How much?
- Tell me about a time when you were tolerant of an opinion that was different from yours.
- Tell me about a time when you delegated a project effectively.
- What is your greatest strength?
- Tell me about a time when you were unable to complete a project on time.
- Correct the following equation: 5+5+5=550
- What has been your greatest achievement till now? Why?
- To what extent can you go to get a job done?
- Can you give us a reason why we should not hire you?
Excerpts from Interview #5:
(B. Tech background, with academic profile as 9.04 CGPA, 91.3% in 12th and 93.6% in 10th.)
- What voltage will an AC voltmeter display?
- Referring to instruction words, what is a mnemonic?
- Explain pull-up and pull-down (Micro-controllers).
- Write an algorithm for finding the minimum element in an unsorted array.
- Why do you want to join Robert Bosch?
- What is your daily routine?
- What do you think is more important, hard-work or talent?
- Have you ever had a conflict with a boss or professor? How did you resolve it?
- Do you have any actual work experience?
- What is important to you: the money or the work?
- Is money important to you?
- Will you keep a job if you were getting a better package but an extremely strict working environment than that of your present company?
Excerpts from Interview #6:
(B. Tech background, with academic profile as 8.4 CGPA, 89% in 12th and 91% in 10th.)
- Explain the term OSI layer?
- What do you understand by the term platform independence?
- What is 8085 assembly language program?
- State main differences between JDK and JVM.
- What do you understand by networking?
- What do you mean by indirection?
- What is Data Independence?
- Speak on the IT industry for 5 minutes.
- Tell us the name of India’s IT minister?
- Which is your favorite subject?
- Tell us something about your biggest dream?
- Do you have any questions for the interviewer?
- What do you know about our company?
- How familiar are you with the community that we're located in?
- What do you see yourself doing five years from now?
- Are you a goal-oriented person?
- Tell me about a time when you got bogged down in the details of a project.