Excerpts from Interview #1:
(IT student having 10th grade- 85.4% 12th grade-83.7% and graduation score-71.5%)
- State two differences between calloc and malloc.
- Why is serialization used?
- What do you mean by library functions?
- What do you mean by abstract data type?
- What do you mean by double linked lists?
- Tell us something about your current project.
- What are your preferable locations to work?
- Where do you see yourself five years down the line?
- What are your hobbies and interests?
- What makes the news today?
Excerpts from Interview #2:
(A B.Engg – ECE student with 7.34 CGPA and having 87.5 % in 12th and 90 % in 10th standard.)
- Explain the development of C language?
- What type of approach does C++ use: Bottom-up or Top-down?
- Mention some differences between UNIX and a Linux based OS?
- What is purpose of gateways in networking?
- How will you cut a circular cake into 8 equal pieces using only 3 cuts?
- How would you compensate for the lack of experience you have for this position?
- What were your favorite subjects during college?
- What, according to you, is the difference between a smart worker and a hard Worker?
Polaris Software Preparation Links
Excerpts from Interview #3:
(A B.Engg. – ECE student from Panjab University with profile as 6.18 CGPA and having 71.4 % in 12th and 89.7 % in 10th.)
- How much physical memory can a 8086 microprocessor address?
- What is a negative acknowledgement in computer networks?
- Difference between Hybrid cloud and Private cloud?
- Explain all the fields in a TCP header.
- What is SQL injection attack ?
- Introduce yourself.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Tell us your daily schedule.
- Why do you want to work at our company?
- What will you do if you are not selected?
Excerpts from Interview #4:
(B.Engg. – IT student from Panjab University with profile as 7.3 CGPA and having 89.4 % in 12th and 86 % in 10th.)
- What is the use of spanning forests?
- Mention some important commands in UNIX.
- Write a program to delete the last node of a linked list.
- Explain 2-phase locking protocol in DBMS.
- Tell me something about yourself that is not mentioned in your resume.
- Why should we hire you?
- What do you think about yourself?
- What positive points will your friends say about you?
Excerpts from Interview #5:
(CSE studen with profile as 7.25 CGPA and having 75.1 % in 12th and 82.7 % in 10th.)
- Explain the project that you done using Python language.
- Explain the use of MATLAB in image processing.
- What open source projects have you worked on?
- What are the various levels of testing?
- How did you come to know about Polaris Software?
- Why do you want to join Polaris Software?
- How was your experience at Google Summer of Code?
- State two of your weaknesses and strengths.
Excerpts from Interview #6:
(ECE student from Panjab University with profile as 7.25 CGPA and having 78.5 % in 12th and 71 % in 10th.)
- Explain your project on Visual Basic..
- Explain the working of a 2-pass assembler.
- What is the difference between Data Hiding and Data Abstraction?
- Which is better: Hardwired Control Unit or Software Control Unit in the design of a microprocessor?
- Why are your marks low in 10th standard?
- How has college life changed you?
- Do you have any difficulty in relocation?
- Why Polaris?
Other Resources for Placement Training: