Excerpts from Interview #1:
(IT student having 10th grade- 85.4% 12th grade-83.7% and graduation score-71.5%)
- State two differences between serializable and externalizable interfaces.
- What is the best way to handle disturbed databases and to merge their results?
- Write a function to shuffle a deck of 52 cards.
- On which layer of OSI model does JVM works?
- Why Nokia?
- Are you nervous?
- What do you do in your free time?
- Which is the first personality that comes to your mind when I say corruption and why?
Excerpts from Interview #2:
(B. Tech background, with academic profile as 6.78 CGPA, 88% in 12th and 92.5% in 10th.)
- Tell us about the projects you have written about in your resume.
- What are the S.I. values of inductance, capacitance and resistance?
- Draw the architecture of 8086 microprocessor?
- Explain the working of DMA controller 8237.
- Introduce yourself.
- Tell us about your family.
- If it were to your last day on this planet, how would you spend it?
- Why did you sit for the interviews for this company?
Nokia Siemens Preparation Links
Excerpts from Interview #3:
(B. Tech background, with academic profile as 7.14 CGPA, 85.7% in 12th and 94.5% in 10th.)
- How many registers are there in a 8086 microprocessor?
- Given a set of numbers find a consecutive subset of numbers whose sum is maximum. What is the complexity of your algorithm?
- What are the differences between C++ and Java?
- Describe yourself in 3 words.
- Why should we hire you over other candidates?
- What are your weakness?
- What do you know about our competitors in the market?
Excerpts from Interview #4:
(B. Tech background, with academic profile as 8 CGPA, 93.8% in 12th and 94.5% in 10th.)
- Explain how a mobile browser application works.
- What is placement syntax?
- Can a constructor be virtual? Why?
- Explain 2-phase locking protocol in DBMS.
- Tell me something about yourself that is not mentioned in your resume.
- Have you ever held an important post in this college or your school life?
- If you were given two tasks, one by your immediate superior and one by his immediate superior, which one would you complete first?
Excerpts from Interview #5:
(B. Tech background, with academic profile as 7.25 CGPA, 92.5% in 12th and 90.6% in 10th.)
- What are the various layers of TCP/IP and OS protocols?
- What is the difference between 80486 and 80386?
- What open source projects have you worked on?
- What is ATM and what are its features?
- How was your day?
- Were the interviews difficult?
- What is your opinion about Nokia phones?
Excerpts from Interview #6:
(ECE student from Panjab University with profile as 7.25 CGPA and having 78.5 % in 12th and 71 % in 10th.)
- Explain your project on Visual Basic..
- Explain the working of a 2-pass assembler.
- What is the difference between Data Hiding and Data Abstraction?
- Which is better: Hardwired Control Unit or Software Control Unit in the design of a microprocessor?
- Why are your marks low in 10th standard?
- How has college life changed you?
- Do you have any difficulty in relocation?
- Why Nokia ?