Technical interviews evaluate candidates on the basis of their field-specific knowledge. The interviews are conducted for technical or specialist roles. Go through the basic concepts of Microprocessor to crack your technical interview.
List of Technical Questions based on Microprocessor
- The devices that provide the means for a computer to communicate with the user or other computers are referred to as:
- The software used to drive microprocessor-based systems is called:
- The circuits in the 8085A that provide the arithmetic and logic functions are called the:
- How many buses are connected as part of the 8085A microprocessor?
- The ________ ensures that only one IC is active at a time to avoid a bus conflict caused by two ICs writing different data to the same bus.
- How many bits are used in the data bus?
- The items that you can physically touch in a computer system are called:
- Single-bit indicators that may be set or cleared to show the results of logical or arithmetic operations are the:
- When referring to instruction words, a mnemonic is:
- The technique of assigning a memory address to each I/O device in the computer system is called:
- When was the first 8-bit microprocessor introduced?
- What type of circuit is used at the interface point of an output port?
- I/O mapped systems identify their input/output devices by giving them a(n) ________.
- What type of circuit is used at the interface point of an input port?
- The register in the 8085A that is used to keep track of the memory address of the next op-code to be run in the program is the:
- The control bus and memories share a bidirectional bus in a typical microprocessor system.
- All computer programs for a machine are called:
- The 8085A is a(n):
- Because microprocessor CPUs do not understand mnemonics as they are, they have to be converted to ________.
- A register in the microprocessor that keeps track of the answer or results of any arithmetic or logic operation is the:
- What is the difference between a mnemonic code and machine code?
- Which bus is a bidirectional bus?
- Which of the following buses is primarily used to carry signals that direct other ICs to find out what type of operation is being performed?
- What kind of computer program is used to convert mnemonic code to machine code?
- Which of the following are the three basic sections of a microprocessor unit?
Other Resources for Placement Training: