Excerpts from Interview #1:
(CGPA 7.24 in Graduation, 84.5% in 12th and 86.2% in 10th)
- What is your strong point in terms of technical knowledge? Like JAVA, C, C++.
- What is inheritance? What are the different types of inheritance?
- What are any two the differences between C++ and Java?
- How modularity is present in C++?
- How abstraction and encapsulation complementary?
- What is a linked list?
- Differentiate between Arrays and Linked List.
- What is the difference between array and pointer?
- Some discussion about my hobbies. Which one is your favorite & why? What does it teach you?
- Why are you not pursuing dance or basketball as your career? (I mentioned dance & basketball as my hobbies).
- Tell me one real time situation where you have emerged as a Leader?
Excerpts from Interview #2:
(CCET CSE student with 10th score 92%, 12th 90% and CGPA 7.94, having good extra-curricular activities record)
- What do you mean by platform independence?
- What do you know about Unix and DOS?
- Do you know about different level of languages?
- What is the word used for virtual machine in JAVA? How is it implemented?
- List different advantages of DBMS
- What is the process of inheriting variable of one class to other class?
- What are tokens in C++? What are its different types?
- Why have you applied at Infosys?
- Tell us about the company and its positioning as compared to its competitors?
- What makes you stand out against all the other candidates?
- Do you have any question for us?
Excerpts from Interview #3:
(CSE 9.23 in Graduation, with 10th score 95%, 12th 92%)
- List out the areas in which data structures are applied extensively?
- Difference between Class and Struct.
- What is the difference between white box, black box, and gray box testing?
- Tell us about the three levels of data abstraction? Which layer is at the user end?
- Give different types of software model. Which model is best amongst them?
- Write a program in C to swap two numbers without using a third variable.
- Describe yourself.
- Where would you like to work: software developing or software testing?
- Why do you want to work at our company?
- Why should we prefer you to other candidates?
- What technical/functional areas interest you most? What would you be passionate about working on? Why?
Excerpts from Interview #4:
(CCET CSE student with Xth score 87%, XIIth 85% and cgpa 7.65)
- What are the various steps involved in Life cycle's Development?
- What do you know about IPv4 and IPv6? Differentiate between them.
- What is difference and similarity between C and C++ ?
- Define polymorphism.
- Differentiate between 'a' and "a".
- What is preprocessor?
- Write a program to decide whether the input number is a prime number or not.
- What is the difference between Char and Varchar in DBMS?
- Difference between Macro and ordinary definition.
- Where do you see yourself in the next five years?
- What is your biggest achievement till now?
- Tell us about your ultimate goal in life.
- Discuss the most stressful situation you’ve faced in college life.
- What personal attributes do you have that will help you succeed in the work place?
Excerpts from Interview #5:
(A B.Engg – ECE student with 7.34 CGPA and having 87.5 % in 12th and 90 % in 10th standard.)
- What is a pointer in C? What is its use?
- Tell us the difference between C & embedded C.
- Explain the most recent project you have worked on (from resume).
- Write a program to decide whether the input number is a perfect number or not.
- Give different modulation techniques.
- What is a Real Time OS.?
- What is implicit cursor?
- Why do you think you are fit for our organization?
- You had to wait for more than 5 hours for the interview. Are you feeling tired?
- Tell me how was your online test?
- What is your father’s occupation? What is his job location?
- Who is your role model? What have you incorporated in your life from him/her?
- Do you live in a hostel or at home?
Excerpts from Interview #6:
(ECE student, CGPA 7.58 in Graduation, 84.6% in 12th and 89.2% in 10th.)
- What is a Zener diode? What is its use?
- Difference between TCP and UDP.
- Draw the circuit of a low pass filter? Where is its significance?
- What is an IC? What is its importance?
- Define VLSI technology.
- Differentiate between LCD & LED screens.
- What is the main function of a data link content monitor?
- What are the communications lines best suited to interactive processing applications?
- Introduce yourself and tell us something apart from the Resume.
- Do you have an offer from any other organization?
- Why do you want to work for us? Where do you see yourself in 8-10 years from now?
- How would you describe your college life?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses? What are you doing to overcome your weaknesses?
- Mention a person who is your role model in life.
- Where do you rate yourself (out of 10) as an engineer?