Excerpts from Interview #1:
(ECE student having 10th grade - 86.4%, 12th grade - 88.1%, Graduation score - 74)
- State difference between analog and digital signals.
- What do you mean by electronics? How is it different from electrical?
- What is sampling? State sampling theorem.
- What is the difference between CDMA and GSM?
- State difference between Piconet and Scatternet.
- Brief us all about what you know about Hughes Systique.
- Would you bribe a policeman in order to save time as you have an important interview that day?
- Are you willing to relocate and work at flexible working hours?
- What has been your greatest achievement uptill now?
- Tell us something about your family background.
Excerpts from Interview #2:
(CGC Landran student having 10th score 86.80%, 12th score 78.90% and graduation score 78.4%)
- Have you done any big projects in Linux? If so, explain them in Brief.
- Why size of integer depends on the machine architecture then what the best sorting algorithm and why?
- Explain encapsulation.
- What are virtual functions, base class pointer, derived class pointer, biding references?
- What happens when we enter www.google.com? Explain the process in detail.
- Give an example when you had a clash with your peer. What did you do in that situation?
- Give an example when you faced some ambiguous situation. What did u do?
- A few questions on self-assessment of soft skills and technical skills.
- Family background, financial condition, interests, hobbies etc.
Hughes-Systique Preparation Links
Excerpts from Interview #3:
(Chitkara University student having 10th score 87.4%, 12th score 89.8% and graduation score 78.6%)
- Can you tell what do we mean by http protocol?
- Explain the Basics behind RPC. How does it work?
- Write the SQL query to drop, truncate and delete table.
- Explain different types of Normalization.
- Explain the concept behind dead lock avoidance, banker’s algorithm.
- Questions based on kernels like grep , pipe, command line mode in VIM (how to copy line, replace some pattern)
- Why do you have a low CGPA?
- Give an example when your boss is not agreed with u. what did u do?
- Tell us about your family background.
Excerpts from Interview #4:
(Thapar University student having 10th score 85.45%, 12th score 75.5% and graduation score 69.32%)
- Tell me the difference between the character array and a string.
- Can you explain the Virtual memory?
- Writing the queries for commands like Create Table, Delete table, Drop Table etc.
- To describe the Complexity of Binary search, Quicksort and various other sorting and searching techniques..
- Explain the Difference between Process and a Thread.
- Where do you see yourself in next 5 years?
- What do you know about our company?
- What is the difference between smart work and hard work?
- Why did you choose this college and this stream?
Excerpts from Interview #5:
(UIET student having 10th score 94.3%, 12th score 90.6% and graduation score 9.2%)
- What are Process Chains?
- Difference between Master Data & Transaction Info Package?
- Draw the ER diagram of the project you have mentioned in your Resume.
- What kind of test cases will you suggest for an ATM machine
- What do you know about Hughes?
- What is your dream company?
- Why do you prefer software field?
- Any problems with relocating to different areas?
Excerpts from Interview #6:
(Engineering student having 10th score 84%, 12th score 77.3% and graduation score 62.3%)
- List all data structures you would use for a memory management module.
- Share 2 high complexity and 2 low complexity test cases for a coke vending (ATM) machine.
- Explain 3 high priority test cases for the performance of MSN search engine.
- In Data Structure, write output of given program.
- What motivates you to do a good job?
- Which newspaper do you read? Why?
- What are your future plans?
- Have you ever done anything regarding your weaknesses?
Other Resources for Placement Training: