Excerpts from Interview #1:
(A B.E. ECE student having 10th grade - 92.4%, 12th grade - 86%, Graduation score - 65.4%)
- What do you mean by polymorphism?
- What is meant by realloc()?
- Can a class have a static inner class?
- What do you mean by memory leak?
- Explain what is meant by CORE DUMPS?
- Explain virtual inheritance?
- Tell me briefly about yourself.
- Why do you want to join HP?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Why should we hire you?
- Do you have any questions for us?
Excerpts from Interview #2:
(CCET student having Xth score 89%, XIIth score 75% and graduation score 77.8%)
- What is the difference between structure and union?
- What are the storage classes in C?
- Write a program for Sorting an Array. Which sorting will you prefer?
- What is the time complexity of this program?
- What are the methods available in a class?
- What is final, finally, finalize?
- Write a program for Overriding.
- What is Runtime polymorphism?
- Tell me about a time when you have provided good customer service.
- Please give an example of a situation where you had to make a difficult decision. What was the outcome?
- Please give an example of a time you worked as part of a team during a difficult period.
Excerpts from Interview #3:
(A CCET student with Xth score 82%, XIIth score 84%, graduation score 72.3%)
- Where are the global variables stored?
- Can you tell me the difference between semaphore and mutex.
- Why do we need inter process communication?
- Give a real time example of stack
- Write a code to achieve inter processor communication (mutual exclusion implementation pseudo code)?
- Why are local variables stored in stack?
- List some Advantages of switch-case over if else?
- Why do we need threads?
- Questions from students resume specific to their projects and hobbies
- Introduce yourself.
- Questions related to aptitude.
- Which section did you do well in your written test for HP?
- Why do you want to join HP?
- Questions about family background.
Excerpts from Interview #4:
(A CGC landran student having 10th grade- 94% 12th grade-90% and graduation score-79%)
- Tell me something about the concept of memory leak?
- Which process/directory is responsible for the kernel is decompressed during boot up?
- Given a Pid, how will you distinguish whether it is a process or a thread?
- An array having 100 elements have numbers from 1 to 99 randomly out of which any number is repeated. Find the repeated number in minimum time and space complexity.
- Where you would see 5 years down the lane.
- Why have you applied for a role at HP?
- Who are HP’s main competitors?
- What are HP’s objectives for the coming year?
- Do you know about the CEO of our company?
Excerpts from Interview #5:
(A CGC landran student having 10th grade- 81.2% 12th grade-76% and graduation score-66.4%)
- Questions related to networking models
- Questions on basic concepts of Java skills
- Questions on Sorting algorithms and time complexity of various algorithms.
- Questions on implementation of stack and queues.
- Tell me about your native?
- Are you ready to re locate to an entirely different city?
- How are you different from your classmates to be appointed in HP?
Excerpts from Interview #6:
(UIET student having Xth score 90%, XIIth 91.8% and graduation score 87.4%)
- Give an example of circular linked list in windows system?
- Why is OOP good?
- Can you tell me about the concept of ER diagrams?
- Explain what role entity and relationship play in an ER diagram.
- Difference between process and thread.
- What are virtual functions?
- Questions were asked about the projects undertaken during trainings?
- Basic puzzles like 24 horses puzzle.
- Questions related to the languages that have been mentioned in the resume.
- How will you react to a certain situation in a company?