Excerpts from Interview #1:
(CGPA 7.84 in Graduation, 78.90% in 12th and 86.6% in 10th).
- The electromagnetic torque developed is proportional to what in a D.C series motor?
- What is the mechanical power developed in terms of air gap power Pg in a 3 phase induction motor running at slip ‘s’?
- What shall be the secondary output voltage if the primary winding of a 220/6V, 50 Hz transformer is energized by an 110V, 60 Hz supply?
- When the relative speed between the magnetic fields of stator and rotor does is zero under steady state operation?
- Why do you want to join HPCL?
- What is the reason behind your Low/high C.G.P.A
- Questions on self-analysing yourself on your technical skills, soft skills etc.
- Tell us about your family background, financial condition, interests, hobbies etc.
Excerpts from Interview #2:
(CGPA 7.54 in Graduation, 81.27% in 12th and 87.54% in 10th.)
- What will you use to achieve high power amplification?
- If you have to determine the stability of a control system using the time domain method, how will you do it?
- Why do we not use inductance in lag network? Explain in detail.
- Explain the method to keep noises low in a control system?
- Questions about Family Background
- What is the reason for joining Maruti and not a technical firm
- Do you have any acceptance issues with the bond
- Why your CGPA is so low?
Excerpts from Interview #3:
(CGPA 6.8 in Graduation, 74.7% in 12th and 76.6% in 10th.)
- If you have to enlarge the area covered by a single LAN segment which layer 1 device will you use?
- At which layer of OSI model does segmentation of a data stream happen?
- What can a host do to improve the reliability of this communication session when a receiving host has failed to receive the entire segment that it should acknowledge?
- Which OSI layer consists of characteristics like acknowledgement, flow control and sequencing?
- What motivates you at work?
- Will you be happy to work in night shifts or over the weekends?
- Have you ever committed a mistake at work?
- What position would you prefer while working on a project?
Excerpts from Interview #4:
(CGPA 6.59 in Graduation, 77.56% in 12th and 88% in 10th.)
- What will be the output voltage of a transformer if it is primarily energized from a square wave voltage source?
- What is the armature mmf in a D.C machine?
- What will be the voltage regulation of a full load and 0.80 power factor lagging load transformer when a two winding single phase transformer has a voltage regulation of 4.5% at full load and unity power factor?
- Which motor will you choose which can operate in both lagging as well as leading power factors?
- Questions regarding family background and personal life.
- Why do you have such a low CGPA? Do you understood its implications? What could you have done differently?
- What are your future goals? Do you wish to change your career path in the future?
- How long do you plan to work for this company? What reasons would make you leave a job?
Excerpts from Interview #5:
(CGPA 7.84 in Graduation, 82.45% in 12th and 79% in 10th.)
- What step should be taken in process industries if the process variable is oscillating?
- What is cathodic protection, how it works in Turbine condensers?
- What is possible maximum efficiency of a diesel engine and a petrol engine?
- What is gas metering system? Gas chromatograph? And gas compressors?
- Tell us about your Family Background.
- Will you be ready to shift to the different site locations our company operates at?
- Do you want to change your career path in the future?
- Why do you want to work in HPCL and not any other corporation?
- What do you know about HPCL?
Excerpts from Interview #6:
(CGPA 7.4 in Graduation, 90% in 12th and 89% in 10th.)
- What is the converging and diverging passage in supersonic flow known as?
- State the function of neck ring in centrifugal pump?
- What is the second law of thermodynamics?
- Which one has higher efficiency – Diesel Engine or Petrol Engine?
- Which components are added to petrol in cold regions?
- What does the tilak on your forehead signifies?
- Are you alright with reporting to your junior at work?
- When did you decide to go for this career?
- What is your biggest strength and weakness?
- What does success mean to you?