Excerpts from Interview #1:
(A B.E. ECE student having 10th grade - 92.4%, 12th grade - 86%, Graduation score - 65.4%)
- How do you define efficiency of air compressors ?
- What is isentropic body ?
- What is entropy?
- Which formula forms a link between the Thermodynamics and Electro Chemistry?
- What is the usage of silicon steel ?
- What is reciprocating air compressor?
- A sum of money doubles itself in 4 years at simple interest, in how many years, it would become 7 times of itself?
- What are your favourite subjects in your graduation and why?
- What do you think it takes to be successful in this career?
- A small town's industries have a total turnover of Rs. 25,00,000. If the town council plans to raise Rs.170,000 through octroi levy, what % levy should it charge on the industries?
- Tell me about a time when you made a bad decision.
Excerpts from Interview #2:
(CCET CSE student with Xth score 92%, XIIth 90% and CGPA 7.9)
- What is third law of thermodynamics?
- What is pitch circle in gears?
- Why is metal spinning done?
- Define surge tank.
- What is a gray surface?
- Can you explain the refrigeration cycle?
- Introduce yourself
- Suppose you want to start an airline, what factors will you consider while deciding the time for take-off of the flight?
- If you want to open a jewellery shop in Chandigarh, what factors will you consider while deciding the place to open the shop?
- Are you willing to work for long hours in an entirely different city?
- What do you understand by the term big data?
- Will you relocate? In the future?
- Tell me about a time when you handled a difficult situation with a co-worker.
- Tell me about a time when you anticipated potential problems and developed preventive measures.
- If I were to ask one of your professors to describe you, what would he or she say?
- If you had to live your life over again, what would you change?
- How would you describe your ideal job?
- A contractor employed 200 men to complete a strip of highway in 200 days. After 150 days he found that only 3/5th of the strip is complete. How many additional men should be employed to complete the work on time?
Excerpts from Interview #3:
(CCET CSE Student with Xth score 88%, XIIth score 83% and graduation score 7.6)
- What is a master gauge ?
- What Is cold working of metals? Give some of its principal methods.
- Define stiffness.
- What is a cat head in production engineering ?
- What is tack welding ?
- What is hot working of metals? Give some of its principal methods.
- Classify driling machines.
- Discuss carnot cycle.
- Tell me about a time when you missed an obvious solution to a problem.
- How much money do you need to make to be happy?
- 720 buses operate from a depot, but 168 are being repaired. What percentage of the total that are in service?
- What do you want to do with your life?
- Why are you interested in our company?
- Do you have any location preferences?
- Kay required Rs. 800 for paying her fees. She borrowed 20 % from her brother and 30 % of the remaining was funded by her mother. In her bank she had Rs. 200. How much more does she need (in Rs.)?
- Tell me something about yourself.
Excerpts from Interview #4:
(CCET ECE Student with Xth score 91%, XIIth score 89.7% and graduation score 8.5)
- What is the laws of dry or solid friction.
- What is age hardening ?
- Define cold extruding .
- What is Plank's Law?
- What does dynamics of machines deals with ?
- How do you classify lathes?
- What is the usage of angle plate ?
- What is necking in production engineering ?
- What is Redlich Kwong equation?
- Discuss steam engines. What is its overall efficiency ?
- What do you know about our company?
- Why you want to work with us?
- What do you look in for a job?
- What is your management style?
- What is your biggest weakness?
- How do you evaluate success?
- X and Y are partners in a business. X invests 300 for 12 months and Y invested 600 for 6 months. If they gain a profit of 700 at the end of one year, what is X's share?
- Are you a team player?
- What is the value of a property, which has been insured at the rate of 1/6% of its value, if the annual premium paid on it is Rs. 83.33 (in Rs.)?
- What is your greatest weakness?
- Tell me about a time when you prioritized the elements of a complicated project.
Excerpts from Interview #5:
(CCET ECE Student with Xth score 89%, XIIth score 90% and graduation score 7.98)
- What is a cryogenic fluid?
- What is hook's law .
- What do you understand by oldham's coupling ?
- Define Psychrometric chart .
- Define newton's law of viscosity.
- Differentiate static and kinetic firction.
- Define buffing ?
- What is Carnot Engine?
- Discuss the otto cycle with diagram.
- What is Poisson's ratio ?
- Define rivets.
- If you start a business, what factors would you keep in mind before choosing your supplier?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Tell me about a time when you lost (or won) an important contract.
- Do you handle pressure well?
- Do you have any actual work experience?
- What is important to you: the money or the work?
- Tell me about a time when you had to fire a friend.
- What were your favorite classes? Why?
- What changes would you make at your college?
- Tell me about a time when you persuaded team members to do things your way.
- Tell me something about yourself.
- A maths question (pretty easy).
Excerpts from Interview #6:
(CCET ECE Student with Xth score 84%, XIIth score 73% and graduation score 6.9)
- Discuss the basic functionioning of air conditioner.
- Give example of heterogeneous systems.
- Define boring.
- Define knurling.
- Differentiate between allen and eye bolt.
- How do you express pitch of gears?
- What is lathe bed made of ?
- Discuss advantage of different types of screw.
- What is a boring tool ?
- Define grinding.
- Define fatigue.
- How do you classify shapers?
- Differentiate precision and accuracy.
- Why did you choose Godrej?
- Do you enjoy doing independent research?
- What is your long-range objective?
- How has your education prepared you for your career?
- Tell me about a time when you were tolerant of an opinion that was different from yours.
- Are you a goal-oriented person?
- When did you decide on this career?
- Why did you choose to attend your college?
- What do you understand by analytics?
- How many cell phone are there in Chandigarh?
- How many pigeons are there in India?