Excerpts from Interview #1:
(A B.Engg – ECE student from Panjab University with 7.34 CGPA and having 87.5 % in 12th and 90 % in 10th standard.)
- Give some differences between open loop and closed loop control systems.
- What is the Nyquist criterion regarding control systems?
- What does a Bode plot tell you?
- Please introduce yourself.
- How will you work for the next 60 days if you are selected?
- Give an example when you were experiencing peer pressure. How did you handle it?
Excerpts from Interview #2:
(A B.Engg. – ECE student from Panjab University with profile as 6.18 CGPA and having 71.4 % in 12th and 89.7 % in 10th.)
- Which type of control system is expensive — closed loop or open loop?
- Do closed loop systems require manual input?
- Initially, when the input is not equal to the output — what type of response is this?
- What is the difference between a Root Locus plot and a Bode plot?
- What is your favourite movie? What did you like about it?
- How do you feel when you are forced to do something at work that you don't want to do?
- Are you comfortable with relocation?
Excerpts from Interview #3:
(A B.Engg. – ECE student from Panjab University with profile as 7.3 CGPA and having 89.4 % in 12th and 86 % in 10th.)
- How is the speed of a DC shunt motor related to the armature current?
- What type of a DC motor would you use for a lift?
- What is the role of feedback in a closed loop control system?
- What will happen if we introduce negative feedback to a control system that uses a positive feedback?
- Tell me something that is not already in your resume.
- Why do you have low marks in your engineering?
- How will you handle work pressure?
Excerpts from Interview #4:
(A B.Engg. – ECE student from Panjab University with profile as 7.64 CGPA and having 71.4 % in 12th and 89.7 % in 10th.)
- Explain the role of a car driver as one of a feedback mechanism.
- How is the gain affected by the introduction of feedback in a control system.
- For a stable system, where should the poles of a system be in a root loci plot?
- Which newspaper do you read? Why do you prefer it over the others?
- What will you do if you suggest something in a meeting but your colleagues do not agree?
- Are you willing to relocate to some other place?
Excerpts from Interview #5:
(A B.Engg. – ECE student from Panjab University with profile as 7.25 CGPA and having 78.5 % in 12th and 85 % in 10th.)
- What is a DC series motor?
- How does an induction motor start?
- An automatic water heater is an example of which type of control system?
- What is success according to you?
- Where do you see yourself in the next five years?
- What is your goal in life?
Excerpts from Interview #6:
(A B.Engg. – ECE student from Panjab University with profile as 7.4 CGPA and having 86 % in 12th and 91 % in 10th.)
- Explain why C language is procedural?
- What are the different phases of a compiler?
- What do you mean by a JVM?
- What is normalization? Explain its different types?
- Introduce Yourself.
- State two of your weaknesses.
- Tell us something about your final year project.
- State some of your hobbies and interests.