Excerpts from Interview #1:
(An engg student having 10th grade- 94% 12th grade-90% and graduation score-79%)
- Briefly explain the method you will use to execute an array linked list?
- What are character constants in C++?
- Write a program to add two strings without utilizing “+” operator ?
- Define the terms OSI, TCP, and IP.
- What are streams in C++? What are predefined streams in C++?
- Give me a Query to find out the second largest compensation in an organization ?
- What is the implementation of merge ?
- Are you willing to relocate to a completely different city?
- Tell me something about your family?
- What do you think it takes to be successful in a company like ours?
- What qualities should a successful manager possess?
- Describe your most rewarding college experience.
- Why should we hire you?
- What do you think makes you stand out for a job in Cognizant?
- Tell me about a time when you worked effectively under pressure.
Excerpts from Interview #2:
(An engg student having 10th grade- 78.9% 12th grade-71.08% and graduation score-67.9%)
- Write the connection code to a database?
- How did you create it in your project?
- What are derived data types? Name the user defined data types in C++.
- Whether higher normal forms better than lower forms as far
- Redundancy is concerned ?
- Explain tokens in C++.Also tell about their role and importance.
- How would you input data to your code?
- Can a database table exist without a primary key ?
- What are the similarities and differences between a class and a structure?
- What is the reason behind using “Inner Join” and “Outer Join” ?
- Introduce yourself.
- Which is the last movie that you saw?
- Which is your dream company
- What do you think are the qualities that a Team Leader should possess?
- What are your future plans?
- What are your strengths? Weakness?
- If you could be any animal, what would it be?
- What were your favorite classes? Why?
- Do you enjoy doing independent research?
- Who were your favorite professors? Why?
Excerpts from Interview #3:
(Punjab Univ., student having 10th grade- 88% 12th grade-81.2% and graduation score-80.06%)
- Suggest a method of joining two tables.
- What is the “top-n analysis” in DBMS?
- Write a function to take an into argument and return 0 if the given number is prime otherwise return -1.
- What do you mean by “normalisation”?
- Where do we generally create INDEX?
- What is object oriented model?
- Define RDBMS.
- What are reference variables and how is it defined in C++?
- What are the various forms of normalisation?
- Why is DML provided?
- Working at Cognizant may involve working on different technologies at different places. Are you ready to do so?
- What is your father’s occupation?
- How was your academic performance in school and during Engineering?
- Why didn’t you think about pursuing higher studies rather than doing a job?
- Tell us about a time when you made a bad decision.
Excerpts from Interview #4:
(Thapar University student having 10th score 95.64%, 12th score 93.5% and graduation score 89.32%)
- What is Operating System?
- What conditions lead to a deadlock situation?
- Explain the concept of flagging a “semaphore”.
- What is difference between rand() and srand()?
- Define subquery.
- What is BCNF?
- What is the difference between a “semaphore” and a “monitor”?
- Explain these terms- Linked List, Stack, Queue
- Define triggers. Give its applications.
- Which of your qualities do you think will make you a good fit for the IT Industry?
- What opinion do your friends have about you?
- What motivates you to put forth your best effort?
- When do you think you will complete and be able to join? (contextual question)
- How can you assure that you will join by that time? (contextual question)
Excerpts from Interview #5:
(A CGC landran student having 10th grade- 82% 12th grade-70.3% and graduation score-70.56%)
- Give me a program to reverse a Linked List.
- Discuss transparent DBMS.
- Define significance of constant arguments
- What is the role undertaken by DBA in databases ?
- What is RDBMS KERNEL?
- What is the difference between primary key, foreign key, candidate key & super key?
- Differentiate exclusive lock and shared lock.
- What do you think are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Was it your own decision to pursue Computer Science Engineering or were you influenced by your parents?
- What interests you most about this position?
- If I were to ask one of your professors to describe you, what would he or she say?
- Why did you choose to attend your college?
- What changes would you make at your college?
- How has your education prepared you for your career?
- Describe your Final Year Project. What innovations did you bring into this project ?
- What is the name of the CEO of Cognizant technologies?
- Do you have any questions for us ?
Excerpts from Interview #6:
(Engineering student having 10th score 81.3%, 12th score 85.8% and graduation score 74.1%)
- Define double linked lists.
- Differentiate RDBMS and DBMS.
- Can you tell us something about scope rules in C++?
- What are the advantages to use stored procedures.
- Give me a SQL Query to find out the second largest compensation in an organization?
- Do you think BCNF is better than 2NF & 3NF? Why?
- Give pros and cons of DBMS.
- What do you aspire to achieve?
- How have you improved your academic position in the last two years?
- Do you know anyone who works at Cognizant?
- Who do idolize and why?
- Are you a team player?
- What motivates you?
- Why should I hire you?
- Are you a goal oriented person?
- Do you know our organization mottos?