Excerpts from Interview #1:
(A B.E. ECE student having 10th grade - 92.4%, 12th grade - 86%, Graduation score - 65.4%)
Technical Interview and HR
- Explain steps involved in creating user defined exception?
- State three differences between array list and vector list?
- How would you market yourself.
- What are the different types of collections in java?
- What is the difference between ambitions and goals?
- What separates you from the rest of the candidates?
- What are your expectations from the society?
- What is an IT industry?
- Is Indian IT industry the best in the world?
Excerpts from Interview #2:
(PEC student having Xth score 90% XIIth score 84.6% and graduation score 82.4%)
- Describe your Final Year Project
- Asked about entire OOP concept: objects, inheritance, polymorphism, abstraction.
- Asked to write a program to find the lowest no. from an array
- Asked to describe the ASP .NET Page Life Cycle
- Briefly describe about yourself.
- What you know about CGI.
- Any questions you want to ask.
Excerpts from Interview #3:
(PEC student having Xth score 86% XIIth score 89% and graduation score 80%)
- Write a program for the following output:
- 1 3
- 1 3 5
- 1 3 5 7
- 1 3 5 7 9
- Define: postback, control events, view state?
- Can you tell me the difference between Createobject() and Getobject() functions?
- Please list down the advantages of OLE-automation?
- What will you do if you ever commit a huge mistake at work?
- For how long do you expect to stay with our organisation?
- Will you happy to re-locate, if required?
- Discuss your weaknesses and how do you plan to overcome them?
Excerpts from Interview #4:
(PEC student having Xth score 95% XIIth score 92% and graduation score 89.4%)
- Suppose there is a sorted array which is of very large size in which some elements are repeated. How will you find the non-repeated numbers?
- There are 2 link lists and both are meeting at a point. Find out that meeting point?
- How efficient you are in oracle and SQL server?
- For two input files Infile-1 and Infile-2 , how can we compare the files and record the output in the third output file named Outfile using File-Aid?
- What will be the first thing you will do if you will get hired today?
- Explain one strength and weakness of yours?
- What kind of sports do you like to play?
Excerpts from Interview #5:
(UIET student having Xth score 87% XIIth score 88.8% and graduation score 80.6%)
- What is the value of a and b in the following program?
s=0; c=a; d=b;
- Write a query to retrieve for many to many relationships?
- Write a query to get the highest and second highest term in oracle?
- How do you pass parameter in stored procedure?
- You attended the pre-placement talk, tell us few negative points about the presentation and how should we improvise for the next time?
- How to you define your goals in life? Do believe in making plans and strategies for the future or believe in grabbing opportunities as they come?
- You will not only have to attend meetings related to your work but also will have to complete work for your client. How will you manage in this situation?
Excerpts from Interview #6:
(UIET student having Xth score 92% XIIth score 87.5% and graduation score 83%)
- Write a program for following output:SMAINSTHORSAH from input SANTOSH MISHRA.
- How will you create user defined exceptions?
- Among array list and vector list, which one is better and why?
- Can you write a program to reverse a linked list?
- Suppose there is some problem at your home due to which you’re not feeling very well. How will your behaviour with your boss change in such a situation?
- Are you confident or over-confident?
- What are your hobbies?
- Why are you not pursuing your hobby as your career?
Other Resources for Placement Training: