Excerpts from Interview #1:
(A student scored 88% in graduation, 85% in 12th and 86% in 10th)
- Questions related to the project work.
- How do you find the maximum number from an array without comparing and sorting?
- What is the difference between DBMS and RDBMS?
- Tell me something about risk management?
- Tell me about the history of Black Rock.
- Tell me about a time you set a goal, but were unable to reach it.
- Describe a situation in which your work was criticized.
- How long do you see yourself working at BlackRock, Inc., if hired?
Excerpts from Interview #2:
(A student scored 93% in graduation, 89% in 12th and 78% in 10th)
- Tell me about some macroeconomic trends going on in the world today.
- Who is in the bulge bracket?
- Describe a typical day of an investment banking analyst?
- What is your greatest concern about investment banking right now?
- Tell me about yourself.
- How do you evaluate success among your team members?
- What do you think is the biggest challenge for this position?
- What is your greatest achievement so far?
Black-Rock Preparation Links
Excerpts from Interview #3:
(CGPA 8.35 in graduation, 82% in 12th and 76.45% in 10th)
- What were the headlines in the Financial Times today?
- What would you personally invest in?
- What has happened in the markets in the past three months?
- What is FTSE at today?
- Why Black Rock?
- Why do you want this job?
- What are your strengths?
- Who would you say inspires you?
Excerpts Interview #4:
(CGPA 7.4 in graduation, 89% in 12th and 85% in 10th)
- What is the difference between balance sheet and the income statement?
- What is goodwill? How does it affect net income?
- What are deferred taxes? How do they arise?
- What is working capital? How would you calculate it?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Why are you the best candidate for us?
- What are your weaknesses?
- How would you describe your work ethic?
Excerpts Interview #5:
(CGPA 7.8 in graduation, 85% in 12th and 75% in 10th)
- What is the difference between primary key and foreign key?
- What is the basic concepts of OOPS?
- What are friend functions?
- Questions related to internships.
- How do you handle conflicts in the workplace?
- Would you be willing to work over 40 hours a week?
- What is your biggest regret?
- What do you know about our firm?
- Describe your leadership skills.
Excerpts Interview #6:
(CGPA 8.6 in graduation, 75% in 12th and71.37% in 10th)
- What are the most basics financial statements prepared by the companies?
- What are the various systems of Accounting?
- What are the different types of expenditures used in accounting?
- Explain share capital and reserves and surpluses.
- Tell me about your education.
- Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your boss.
- Give me a specific example of a time when you were unable to complete a project on time.
- Explain a situation when you set a goal and you failed to reach.
Other Resources for Placement Training: