Excerpts from Interview #1:
(ECE student having 10th grade - 87.4%, 12th grade - 81.2%, Graduation score - 71.2%)
- Current equation in series RLC circuits.
- What does Pentium uses RISC or CISC?
- How many different types of microprocessors do we have?
- What is meant by 8085?
- Tell me about yourself.
- How would you describe your ideal job?
- What is the toughest decision you've had to take in your life
- What do you regret the most in your life?
- If your work performance is suffering, what would you do to improve it?
Excerpts from Interview #2:
( A B.E. ECE student from Panjab University with a CGPA 6.85 and a percentage of 85.20 in 10th standard, and 74% in 12th standard)
- Explain the OSI model.
- Explain the functionality of the various layers in a computer network (For example, session layer and network layer)?
- Give examples of network devices. Explain the difference between the switches and hubs?
- Project Discussion: Explain the summer project which you carried out during your industrial training.
- Introduce yourself.
- Do you know about our organization and the products and services we provide to our clients?
- How soon would you be able to relocate to Gurgaon?
- Give us a good reason as to why we should hire you?
Excerpts from Interview #3:
(A B.E. CSE student from Panjab University with a CGPA 8.2 and a percentage of 75.7 in 10th and 79% in 12th)
- What is the role of continuous integration systems in the automated-build process?
- What automated-build tools or processes have you used?
- What development tools have you used?
- Define authentication and authorization and the tools that are used to support them in enterprise deployments
- Tell me about a specific instance when you found it necessary to be precise in order to complete the job.
- What have you done to improve your knowledge in the last year?
- Do you have any plans for continuing your education?
- Give a specific example of a time when you used good judgement and logical thinking in solving a difficult problem.
Excerpts from Interview #4:
(B.E. ECE student with a CGPA 7.4 and a percentage of 82.1 in 10th and 79.3% in 12th)
- Explain the flow diagram of the PCB design.
- How will you create a footprint in your PCB designer software (say, Altium)?
- What are fiducials? Explain the use of these fiducials, their types and differences between them. Explain in brief about the fiducial placement and clearances. What are the clearances you have given from board outline to route and place keeping areas.
- What are the errors you got while importing netlist?
- How will you define design rules? How do place components?
- How do you plan routing? Mention the parameters you consider while routing.
- How will you keep your manager informed about what is being done in your work area?
- Tell me about a recent successful experience in making a speech or presentation. How did you prepare?
- How important is it to work directly with your business users?
- Give an example of where you have applied your technical knowledge in a practical way.
Excerpts from Interview #5:
(B.E. IT student having CGPA 6.85, 85.20% in 10th and 74% in 12th)
- When is it appropriate to denormalize the database design?
- In databases, what is the difference between a delete statement and a truncate statement?
- How much reuse do you get out of the code that you develop, and how?
- When is the last time you downloaded a utility from the internet to make your work more productive, and what was it?
- How would you rate your key competencies for this job?
- What are your technical certifications?
- Based on your certifications don’t you think you are overqualified for this job?
- How did your education help prepare you for this job?
Excerpts from Interview #6:
(Electronics Engineering student having CGPA 8.65 in Graduation, 85.2% in 12th and 82% in 10th)
- What is characteristic impedance?
- What are crosstalk, jitter, skew, skin effect?
- What is the use of reference plane?
- Explain the different types of vias and their standard sizes.
- Tell me something about decoupling capacitors and explain decoupling capacitor placement.
- If you used BGA as your designs type of BGA , and tell me about the number of pins and pitch used in BGA.
- Assuming that you are selected, what will be your strategy for next 60 days?
- Have you ever had a problem with your peer? Can you give us an example?
- If you wish to do something different in your job, what would it be? Why?
Other Resources for Placement Training: