Excerpts from Interview #1:
(IT student having 10th grade- 84.2% 12th grade-78.7% and graduation score-75.3%)
- What are the different types of integration testing?
- Differentiate between RAM and ROM.
- Define macros.
- What do you understand by multi-threading and multi-tasking?
- What do you mean by the term "normalization"?
- When should structures be passed by values or by reference?
- How are Windows programs different from normal C-programs?
- Give some salient points of difference between request processor and request dispatcher.
- Have you written applications to retrieve stored images in a table?
- Which is the last book that you read?
- Do you have any questions for us?
- What is your favorite subject?
- Are you willing to travel? How much?
- Is money important to you?
- How much money do you need to make to be happy?
- Would you rather work with information or with people?
- Are you a team player?
- What motivates you?
- Why should I hire you?
- What kind of salary are you looking for?
- What motivates you to join Tech Mahindra?
- Rate your interview on a scale of 10.
Excerpts from Interview #2:
(CSE student with 7.34 CGPA and having 87.5 % in 12th and 90 % in 10th standard.)
- A lot of questions based on networking theory and networking models were asked.
- Explain these terms: Stack, Queue, Array and Linked List
- What are static variables and functions?
- How would you rename a function in C?
- What do you understand by modular programming?
- Give a general algorithm for converting a m-array tree to a 2-ary tree.
- How many links are there in a binary tree of N nodes?
- Have you used threaded trees anytime in your life time?
- How is a macro different from a function?
- What new value can you add to our organization?
- A difficult situation was described. How would you deal with this situation?
- Tell me a time when you were disappointed in your behavior.
- What were your favorite subjects during the course of your study?
- Why is your CGPA low?
- What projects did you undertake during your engineering? Describe your role in these projects.
- How would rate yourself in technical and communication skills?
Excerpts from Interview #3:
(ECE student with profile as 6.52 CGPA and having 71.4 % in 12th and 74.5 % in 10th.)
- Which technology does Pentium use - RISC or CISC?
- How would you create a footprint in your PCB designer software (say, Altium)?
- How many times do you reuse the code that you develop? How do you reuse it?
- Explain Cloud computing.
- Describe horizontal scalability and vertical scalability.
- What is an adaptive learning bridge?
- Tell me operating systems used in mobile.
- Write a program for finding factorial of a number.
- Why doesn't FORTRAN support recursion?
- Suppose you have to submit an assignment in one hour and say, the power goes out. What steps will you undertake?
- Why should we select you over others?
- Do you enjoy doing independent research?
- Where do you want to be ten years from now?
- Why did you choose this career?
- When did you decide on this career?
Excerpts from Interview #4:
(Computer Science Engineering student with profile as 7.7 CGPA and having 84.4 % in 12th and 86.2 % in 10th.)
- Describe the Diamond problem. Where does this problem occur?
- Differentiate between C and C++.
- Write a program using SQL queries to find a unique entry in a table.
- Difference between short term, long term and medium term scheduler.
- Differentiate between compilers and interpreters.
- Devise a program to implement the Fibonacci sequence.
- Describe these Operating System concepts: Fragmentation, Segmentation
- Differentiate between swapping and paging.
- How does a debugger set breakpoints in a code you are debugging?
- How has your experience been at your institute of graduation? What were your key takeaways?
- Why do you wish to join TCS? Do you not wish to join any other software firm visiting your campus?
- What are your future plans?
- What are your strengths? Weakness?
- If you could be any animal, what would it be?
- How can you contribute to this company?
- What kind of a manager would you be?
Excerpts from Interview #5:
(ECE background with profile as 7.25 CGPA and having 79.1 % in 12th and 84.7 % in 10th.)
- Write the Shortest path algorithm for a graph.
- What are the complexities of sorting algorithms and how can this complexity be calculated?
- Define binary tree insertion.
- What 'lex' does?
- Differentiate between a constructor and a method in C++.
- Differentiate between an Interface and an Abstract class?
- What are the various IPC mechanisms? Why is message passing costlier than semaphore?
- What happens when main () method is declared as private?
- How do you see your progress while working at Tech Mahindra?
- Who or what has had the greatest influence on your life?
- What motivates you to put forth your best effort?
- How has your education prepared you for a career?
- What qualifications do you have that make you think that you will be successful in this career?
- How do you define or evaluate success?
- Why motivates you to join Tech Mahindra?
- What is the reason behind your numerous rejections in the campus placement processes?
- Describe your various hobbies. What do you like to do in your free time?
Excerpts from Interview #6:
(IT student with profile as 6.25 CGPA and having 78.5 % in 12th and 87.3 % in 10th.)
- How to install Apache Server on our Machines?
- What are the numerous projects that you've undertaken? Describe the basic working of these projects? What problems did you face?
- What are skew trees? For a tree with 4 nodes draw all possible binary? Generalize for n nodes how many binary trees can be drawn?
- What is 2 dimensional linked list?
- What environment variables are required to be set on a machine in order to run Java programs?
- How and who handles data looping?
- Define syntax and semantic errors.
- How would you react in case: Your manager gives you a problem that you have no idea how to solve, but you need to submit the solution in 2 hours? Wow would you react to it?
- Has there been a situation when you’ve had any idea but have not been able to implement it?
- What are your interests and hobbies? How do you spend your free time?
- Do you have any plans for further education?
- How much training do you think you'll need to become a productive employee?
- What qualities do you feel a successful manager should have?
- Why do you want to work in our organization?
- Would you like to ask us anything?