Bank PO Interview Questions
The process of selection for Bank PO selection consists of Group Discussions followed by Personal Interviews.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration:2 mins. each student or Regular GD
No. of Contestants:10-15
- Women Empowerment
- Are strikes better for organizations or not?
- Banking Industry and its growth, or other such related topics, or current topics on current issues.
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration: 10 mins
No. of Panelists: 4-5
- Excerpts From Interview 1: Introduce Yourself. Why B.A Economics? What subjects did you study? Explain about the Recession – 2008 in detail, its causes and consequences. What do you understand by Demand & Supply in Economics? What is Price determination? Tell us something about banking Industry in India. Give some main functions of Banks.
- Excerpts From Interview 2: Tell us something about family background. What profile is your father working? Why do you wish to switch from BSNL to banking sector? Tell us some hobbies. Which was the first bank to get nationalized? Why did Banks get nationalized?
- Excerpts From Interview 3: Questions on family background in detail. Religion based questions (here Sikh religion philosophies). What are Mortgage Loans? What are Negotiable Instruments?
- Excerpts From Interview 4: Questions on religious philosophies(Sikhism). What is Bank rate? What are Integers, Whole nos., Natural nos., Prime nos.? What are your Weaknesses?
- Excerpts From Interview 5: What is your educational background? Support the reasons why you did it. You have a gap year – Why? When did the first Bank get nationalized? What are the advantages/disadvantages of FDI? Questions on hobbies (Cricket), Why Cricket? What was the news about Sachin Tendulkar becoming a member of Rajya Sabha? What Novels do you read ?(after the candidate mentioned reading as a hobby). Name any large PSU bank.
- Excerpts From Interview 6: Who is the Health Minister at Centre? Name any 3 women CMs. What are SMEs/MSMEs? Give examples. Name any 5 companies in the World with Women CEOs. What is De-mat Account? How many types of Accounts are there? Tell us something about your Family Background.
- Excerpts From Interview 7: History related questions. Name any 5 ladies who have inspired you. Name any 5 ladies who contributed to India's growth. What is the Significance of October 2 apart from Gandhi Jayanti. MCA background related questions: LAN/MAN/WAN. Importance of Internet? Use of e-mail? Difference between debit and a Credit card. What is the Full form of CBS? Tagline/Motto of PNB. Why PNB? Questions on Current affairs related to that day's news.
- Excerpts From Interview 8: Introduce yourself and tell us about the family background. Questions on Economics. What do you know about: FDI, FII, Banking Structure in India. Why do you think that recession occurred on 2008 and what have been its repercussions? What are Bank Rates , CRR Ratio? Questions on B.Tech Background (Computer Networks).
- Excerpts From Interview 9: What is Gurdaspur famous for? Which Engineering College are you from? What is Punjab famous for? Why do you want to join a bank after B Tech? State few differences between Private & Public sector Banks. Is there any IIT in Punjab? Name it. Tell us something about the games you play as a hobby.
- Excerpts From Interview 10: Questions related to Computers. Who is the current Finance Minister? What is the significance of Budget? Tell us something about yourself. What is the purpose of a Crossed Check in banking terms?
- Excerpts From Interview 11: Questions related to state history – Haryana (this case). Questions about Cabinet Ministers, Haryana Member of Parliament. Personal information like family background etc. Tell us something about Olympics. Banking terms – CRR, importance of CRR. Which newspaper do you read? Tell us about some latest news you read.