The process of selection at IIT Kanpur consists of Group Discussion and document verification. Personal Interviews are clubbed with the other IITs which provide them with the scores of the candidates
Feedback – Group Discussion (Case Study)
Average Duration : 90 secs. Per person + 5 min. for group discussion
No. of Panelists : 3 evaluator + 1 moderator
No. of Participants : 12 to 15
- There are a lot of softwares today to disable the cookies option. As a marketing person what implications will it have on you? ( It was a full page case study with information on various softwares)
- Growth at cost of environment is good or bad?( An essay on growth , GDP and environment was given)
- A case where a 25 years experienced employee injured himself while working on a pole without electric safety equipments. Key issues & challenges.
- Are we ready for self management? (The case about a company trying to encourage its own employees towards managerial position and not hiring anyone)
Feedback Personal Interview
Average Duration : 15-20 mins
No. of Panelists : 2-3
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : Find spanning tree in linear time. There is a circle with some given no. of points. Find a line that will divide the given arrangements of points in equal half. Prove that for every bipartite graph, cycle has even no. of edges. You travel from point A to B in 5 hrs, next day you travel from B to A starting from same time as previous day and reach A again in 5 hrs. Your speed is totally random. Prove that you will always cross the same point at same time, each time. Which all sorts do u know? Why is quick sort better? If you have to sort elements which range from 1-100 which will you use? What is turing machine. Prove that a one sided infinite turing machine has same power as two sided. What is Halting Problem? Prove it. How can you prove/show that a DFA accepts the empty language? How can you show a DFA accepts the language of all strings? Prove SQRT(2) is irrational. Prove set of rational numbers is countable. Prove set of real numbers is uncountable.