Arista Networks Selection Process
The hiring process of Arista Networks comprises of 3-4 screening rounds. The campus recruitment procedure begins with resume shortlisting of candidates. Arista prefers candidates with atleast 70% marks in academics. The shortlisted candidates appear for a written test, after which they are called for 2-3 rounds of interview. For direct applicants, a telephonic round is conducted before the onsite interviews. The following interviews form a part of Arista recruitment process:
Arista Networks Interview Rounds
- Technical Interview
- HR Interview
Given below are some of the experiences and prospective interview questions for aspiring candidates:
Arista Networks Interview: Experience 1
Candidate background: Final year student of B.Tech
Job Profile: Software Engineer
In the first round, candidate gave an online coding test of 90 minutes. The test consisted of 5 multiple-choice questions and 4 coding questions. After qualifying the test, the candidate went for the following rounds of interview:
The technical round started with a few introductory questions, after which the panel asked the candidate about his performance in the coding test. Given below are some of the technical questions asked in this interview:
- What do you know about dynamic memory allocation in C?
- How would you implement a dynamic array (vector) in C?
- How would you implement LRU Cache?
- How do you implement Web Crawler?
- Given a 6 digit number, find duplicates in O(n) time and minimum space (based on bit array).
- What are different types of scheduling algorithms in OS?
The interviewers also asked specific questions related to OOPs concepts. The duration of this interview was 45 minutes.
After the technical round, candidate was called for the second interview. This was more like a technical-cum-HR round. The interview panel asked the following questions:
- Why do you want to join Arista?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Print elements of BST in sorted order.
- How would you store phone number in phone directory such that you can retrieve information based on phone numbers?
- Given an array of numbers, find number of sub-arrays that begin with 3 and end with 6.
- What is the difference between zombie and orphan process?
The interview was over in almost 30 minutes.
Arista Networks Interview: Experience 2
Candidate background: B.Tech
Job Profile: Software Engineer
(The candidate applied online at Arista Networks and attended the 2-3 telephonic interviews. During the interviews, a shared editor was used. Given below are the lists of some questions asked in the interview rounds.)
Technical Interview Questions
- What do you know about Arista Networks?
- How can you check whether a machine is 64 bit or 32 bit?
- How would you delete a node in DLL?
- What is backtracking algorithm?
- What is DFS? And BFS? Which data structures are used to implement these? (Asked to print BFS and DFS of a given tree(t))
- Define OOP in 4 sentences.
- What is the difference between C and Java?
HR Interview Questions
- Tell me about your interests, subjects and grades.
- Why Arista?
- How will you implement phonebook such that we can search using first name? How will you do if you have one more requirement as search with last name also?
- Find duplicates in a file containing 6 digit number (like uid) in O(n) time.
- How would you implement bitArray in C?
- Do you have any questions for us?