Excerpts from Interview #1:
(IT student having 10th grade- 86.2% 12th grade-81.2% and graduation score-78.3%)
- What do you mean by a local block?
- What do you mean by polymorphism?
- State two difference between var++ and ++var.
- State steps involved in determining whether a character is numeric or alphabetic?
- Differentiate between data set and data reader.
- Introduce yourself and tell us something apart from the Resume.
- State any three of your weaknesses and strengths.
- Are you willing to relocate or travel?
- On a scale of one to ten, rate me as an interviewer.
Excerpts from Interview #2:
(A B.Engg – ECE student with 7.34 CGPA and having 87.5 % in 12th and 90 % in 10th standard.)
- Tell us about your project?
- Why did you chose this project?
- In which programming language was your project made?
- Was it a group project or an individual project?
- What was your role in the team?
- Have you ever worked in a group?
- Are you a team worker or a team leader?
- If you have to attend your meeting related to your work as well as you have to work for the client how will you manage in this situation?
- Do you know anyone working with Mphasis right now?
- Being a team leader in your college fest what was your strategy to do things?
Mphasis Preparation Links
Excerpts from Interview #3:
(ECE student University with profile as 6.18 CGPA and having 71.4 % in 12th and 89.7 % in 10th.)
- Write the connection code to database?
- How did you create it in your project?
- Write a code to input data to your code?
- Why do we use inner join and outer join?
- Explain top-n analysis in DBMS.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- What were the interview you attended previously and why do you think you failed in them?
- What are your weaknesses?
- What is your aim in life?
Excerpts from Interview #4:
(B.Engg. – ECE student with profile as 7.3 CGPA and having 89.4 % in 12th and 86 % in 10th.)
- I was asked to explain my favourite project.
- I asked if I knew about compilers – and asked basic question on Lex and yacc.
- I was asked to write code to insert a node in its correct location, given a sorted linked list.
- I was asked to find least common ancestor given two nodes and the root; given a BST.
- Which computer games do you play?
- Which game do you like the most?
- What is the logic of finding accuracy in an action game?
- Do you have any questions?
Excerpts from Interview #5:
(ECE background with profile as 7.64 CGPA and having 71.4 % in 12th and 89.7 % in 10th.)
- What is the use finally in exception handling?
- Do you know basics of computer graphics?
- What are the different ways in which inheritance can be implemented?
- Write a program for multiple inheritance?
- Do you have offer from any company right now?
- Which type of work would you like?
- Have you worked on Adobe Photoshop work?
- Tell me the functions of any five tools used in Photoshop CS3?
Excerpts from Interview #6:
(IT student from Panjab University with profile as 7.25 CGPA and having 78.5 % in 12th and 85 % in 10th.)
- What is the difference between structure and union?
- What are the storage classes in C?
- Write a program for Sorting an Array. Which sorting will you prefer?
- What is the time complexity of this program?
- What are the methods available in a class?
- What is final, finally, finalize?
- Why does this role interest you?
- How do you plan to improve upon yourself in the next 5 years?
- Tell us about your internship experience.
Other Resources for Placement Training: