Excerpts from Interview #1:
(A B.E. ECE student having 10th grade - 92.4%, 12th grade - 86%, Graduation score - 65.4%)
- What are“class access modifiers”?
- Give me any three differences between “Truncate” and “Delete”.
- What do you understand by “access specifiers”?
- What isan abstract class and when do you use it?
- Any challenging situation that you have faced and after which you felt a sense of accomplishment?
- What is the one thing that you regret?
- What are your two biggest strengths and weaknesses?
- What are your traits that are in line with the company’s mission statement?
- What do you know about Genpact?
Excerpts from Interview #2:
(Engineering student having 10th grade- 82.9% 12th grade-77.08% and graduation score-68.5%)
- A problem based on Reasoning & Aptitude was asked to solve.
- What is the difference between UNIQUE and DISTINCT keywords in DBMS?
- How would you use Bubble Sort to sort the number of elements?
- How would perform Pattern Matching in C++?
- Explain these terms- Page Segmentation, Round Robin.
- Give me brief information about yourself.
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What have you done to overcome your weaknesses?
- What do you know about Genpact?
- Write a program to find duplicate number from array in minimum time complexity.
- Write a program to show polymorphism.
Genpact Preparation Links
Excerpts from Interview #3:
(An engg student having 10th grade- 86.2% 12th grade-76.7% and graduation score-70.9%)
- What is“Join” and explain its various types.
- Give us a program to check for parenthesis matching using stack.
- What do you mean by a“Composite primary key”?
- Give differences between Quicksort &Mergesort. When should these sorts be used andwhat is their running time?
- What is your weakness which you would like to improve?
- Tell me an experience of yours wherein you were asked to do something which wasn’t as per your liking. How did you manage it?
- If given a chance would you like to change your domain? If yes, why?
- What do you expect from the organisation?
Excerpts from Interview #4:
(Engineering student having 10th grade- 88.4% 12th grade - 91.6% and graduation score- 76.8%)
- What is the difference between a Stack and a Queue? .
- What do you understand by Header linked List?
- What is the difference between “call by value” and “call by reference”?
- Explain the Surrogate Key in DBMS.
- Give us a program to reverse a Linked List.
- How would you retrieve Unique rows from table without using UNIQUE and DISTINCT keyword?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Why do you want to work with Genpact?
- What are the major challenges of the High Tech and Insurance industry?
- List a few of your achievements. What are you weaknesses?
- How would you deal with an angry customer?
Excerpts from Interview #5:
(CCET student having 10th grade- 90.4%, 12th grade - 83.8% and graduation score- 78.2%)
- Explain ‘this’ pointer and what would happen if a pointer is deleted twice?
- Give differences between - new and malloc() , delete and free() ?
- How many different levels of pointers are there?
- Given a pointer to a linked list node, illustrate a method of deleting the same node.
- What is the difference between a “copy constructor” and an “assignment operator”?
- How are java objects passed to a method and what are native methods?
- Do you wish to further pursue your studies?
- How would a professor, who knows you very well, describe you?
- Do you have what it takes to work under pressure? What makes you angry?
- How much salary do you expect?
- Suppose you are in a dark room and you have the following things- a candle, a wood stove and a gas lamp. Considering that you only have one match, what would you light first?
Excerpts from Interview #6:
(Engineering student having 10th grade- 90.5% 12th grade - 85.2% and graduation score- 82.4%)
- Explain the array representation of a binary tree.
- Can a function be forced to be inline? Also, give a comparison between “inline function” and the “C macro”?
- How would you call C functions from C++ and vice versa?
- Can a function argument have default value?
- What are cursors? Explain the different types of cursors Enlist a few disadvantages of cursors.
- How would overload a function based on return type?
- Narrate an incident when you helped to resolve a conflict between others.
- Tell me about your worst life experience and how did you handle it?
- Solve this puzzle- A alone can do a piece of work in 6 days and B alone in 5 days. A and B agreed to do the work for Rs. 2200. With the help of C, they completed the work in 4 days. How much is to be paid to C?
- What was the toughest decision you have ever had take?
Other Resources for Placement Training: