The process of selection at TAPMI consists of a Group Discussion, Essay Writing followed by Personal Interview.
Feedback - Group Discussion (Elimination Round)
Average Duration : 15 mins.
No. of Panelists : 3
No. of Participants: 15
- Should government give up its control on CBI.
- Is Fasting an appropriate way to protest?
- Reality TV shows are a myth.
- Climate change is lack of governance.
Feedback - Essay Writing
Average Duration : 10 mins.
Topics: (It was only for those who cleared GD round)
Write essay on the GD Topic.
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 10-12 mins.
No. of Panelists : 2
- Excerpts From Interview 1: (A 90.25 percentiler with 10th -83.8%, 12th- 81.6% and B.A.-66.7%). Since your father has photography business, tell us something about it. How were you assisting him in this job? Why have you score low in academics? How will you distinguish a corporate balance sheet from a normal balance sheet? What is the Law of diminishing marginal utility? What is Monopoly and Oligopoly? How is the demand curve of oligopoly? Which business paper do you read?
- Excerpts From Interview 2: (A 89.84 CAT percentiler, B. Tech. pass out with 86.5% in 10th, 82.2% in 12th and 67% in graduation and 30 months of work-ex). What is your work profile? Why MBA? What are different types of testing methods? What is the difference in market share of Nokia, Samsung, and apple? What should Nokia do to enhance its brand image? How important is research in mobile phone business? What is the latest technology in mobile phones? How is 3G and 4G different?
- Excerpts From Interview 3: (A 93.5 CAT percentiler with 73% in 10th, 78.6% in 12th and 74% in B. Tech and 18 months of work experience). What are your strengths? Mention "one" area in your personality that you have worked upon in the last one year. Why do you feel the above area was an improvement area for you? Where do you see yourself after 10 years from now? How does an MBA at this stage fit into your scheme of things? Why now? Why should we take you?
- Excerpts From Interview 4: (A 87.25 CAT percentiler with 80% in 10th, 74.5% in 12th and 70% in graduation and 24 months of work experience). Introduce yourself. What was the growth rate of the past fiscal year and that of the present and the projected one? How is national income calculated? What is IIP? What can lead to rise of onion prices in India? What are the measures to control it? Is capping of the exports only measure to control onion prices? How can we improve agriculture output? Describe any event / situation in your life which has impacted / influenced you significantly? What is a challenge? Do you know something about change management? Why are people resistant to change? Are you resistant to change? What changes will you bring to the organization you will be working for?