The Syndicate Bank PO 2018 exam is right around the corner with a new exam pattern. A Descriptive paper has been introduced by syndicate bank this time along with the objective test. The Descriptive test is qualifying in nature (50% for the general category and 45% for SC/ST/PWD). This means, to get a call for the GD and PI round of syndicate bank PO you will have to qualify both the Objective as well as the Descriptive test. Even if you clear the Objective test but fail to get the minimum marks in the Descriptive test you will not be called for the GD-PI round.
What and how of the Syndicate Bank PO descriptive test?
The descriptive paper will be a 30 minute test consisting of two questions to be conducted after the objective test is over. The language medium for the test is only English and will be in online mode. Candidates need to type the questions asked. Since this section is introduced for the first time, so we don’t know the exact nature of questions which will be asked but as per other banking exams, the most probable questions can be – Essay and Letter.
Here are some important preparation tips for the Descriptive Exam-
Essay writing tips for Syndicate Bank PO
The essay writing part checks your ability to synchronize your thoughts and express them through words. It will test your imagination and writing skills.
Tips for essay writing-
- Understand the question properly. Make sure you do justice to the topic being asked.
- Structure your thoughts well. Prepare a rough sketch before you start typing.
- Maintain a flow in the essay- Introduction followed by the Body of the essay and then the Conclusion.
- Be very particular about the use of grammar. Do not use a very flowery language and make sure your expression is grammatically correct.
- Try to break your content into paragraphs to make it easily readable.
- Stick to the word limit mentioned in the question. You will be penalized for unnecessarily long essays.
Essays on current topics have a high probability of being asked in the exam. Topics like GST, Demonetization, Right to privacy, Advantages and Disadvantages of Cashless economy have been really popular and can be prospective essay questions in the Syndicate Bank PO descriptive paper.
Letter Writing tips for Syndicate Bank PO
Letter writing checks your ability to effectively communicate with people within the organization and coordinate with them. The types of letter writing questions being asked in the descriptive tests of other exams include- Formal Letter and Informal Letter.
A few tips for letter writing-
- Understand the question properly and the message to be communicated in the letter.
- Structure your thoughts and communicate the message effectively with use of simple language.
- Follow the correct format depending upon what type of letter is being asked- Formal or Informal.
Even though the descriptive test is qualifying in nature but you must brace yourself to face the competition and score the maximum you can to be on the safe side and realize your dream of being a part of a public sector bank!
All the best!
Bank-PO GDPI Preparation Links: