Every year, SSC conducts the Combined Higher Secondary Level (+2 Level) exam for the recruitment of Lower Divisional Clerks (LDC) and Data Entry Operators (DEO) to serve the Central Government Departments. It is one of the most sought after exam in the country due to its basic qualification level and the pay scale. The level of work difficulty of LDC and DEO is average. Both the posts require consistent preparation, though the level of work is mediocre.
In this competitive work environment, where everyone is running to get a secure and well paying job; a steady home work is a must. Don’t forget that you have to compete with the lacs of aspirants who also apply for the given number of posts. So, you have to really work hard and make your concepts clear to book the seat for the clerical post.
This article exclusively focuses on the tips and strategies that will help you to qualify the Type test / Skill test for SSC LDC and DEO Exam.
The Eligibility Criteria to apply is:
Basic qualification: 10+2
No. of stages in exam: Two
1. Written examination
2. Typing/Skill test
Cracking the Written Examination
- How to crack the written examination?
In order to crack the written examination, initially you have to qualify the basic cut-off marks as required to apply for the post. For this you should do a regular study and keep practicing the concepts. Using short- cuts to solve questions saves your time and leads you to solve maximum number of questions. Once you have cracked the written examination, it is time for the next and most important level- skill test and you can boost your preparation by choosing different books available for SSC CHSL Exam.
- Typing test or Skill Test
This is the next important step in the selection criteria for the post of DEO or LDC. You should devote proper time to this section as there is no interview in the examination. It will make or break your chances of recruitment.
Master the writing skills by following the given tricks and strategies:
You should be aware of the minimum speed required to clear the skill test i.e. a speed of 8000 depressions / hour that means 2000- 2200 depression / 15 minutes. However it comes to 35 words/ minute. SSC conducts a test which requires you to type the content in 15 minutes without any error. So, accuracy matters a lot. You should be fluent enough to sail through this section.
Some tips to ace the typing speed within no time:
- Time Management: To ace the typing speed you should practice on the daily basis. It is not an overnight job, rather a few months task. Schedule your time to prepare for the exam in such a way that you have requisite amount of time to enhance your typing speed.
- Speeding up for typing is only half the work accomplished. Speed coupled with accuracy is the key to get through this area. It is very important to concentrate on the accuracy of the words you type. Ever wonder, what if you are fed with the partially cooked food. A disaster! So, start typing correctly and accurately.
- Widen your thinking ability: Have a broad view about different aspects and happenings so that your typing is made easy. A trick is to imagine the keyboard and convert your skills into the art of typing which is indeed good for you in the longer run.
- Avoid looking at the keyboard: An essential tip is to type while not looking at the keyboard. This will eventually increase your speed to 40%. A constant practice will make you perform best in the speed test and you will become perfect for the job.
- Don’t wait- Just Do it: Try and try till you succeed, is a very famous saying. You should keep practicing regularly till the time you become proficient in the task. Go on; increase your speed as the typing test will take only once. You have to nail the examination.
So, keep in mind the QWERTY keyboard, enhance your writing ability and make a consistent routine to practice hard for increasing the typing speed to type for a better life tomorrow.