SBI PO selection process consists of preliminary examination, mains examination and group discussion and personal interview.
Feedback- Group Discussion
Average Duration: 25 min (5 min for thinking and 15 min for discussion)
No. of Panelists: 2
- India’s performance in Olympics
- Technology killing human imagination
- Is “selfie” an undesirable feature of the technology?
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration: 20-25 minutes.
No. of Panelists: 4-6
- Excerpts from Interview 1: Introduce yourself. What are non-performing assets? What do you know about monetary policy? Name the Indian states adjoining India and Pakistan border. Give the names of the states where river Ganges flow. Tell about the last project you had undertaken in your college? What is the difference between robotics and artificial intelligence? What is the tagline of SBI? Nowadays unemployment is one of the biggest problem our country is facing, explain in the last 2 years what has the government done for this (SCHEMES)? What are some tax exemptions been made in startup India?
- Excerpts from Interview 2: What is the meaning of your name? Why banking? Why did you pursue Engineering?Is your father is mechanic? What is NABARD? How do they make use of this fund? Do you think reservation is justified? Should there be subsidy or not? What changes do you want in SBI PO pattern? What is HDI? What is SHG? What is the Govt. doing for agriculture marketing? What subsidies are available for agriculture? What is the difference between Himachal apples and Kashmir apples? What is e-commerce? What are some e-commerce websites? How do they conduct business?
- Excerpts from Interview 3: You’ve done engineering. Which branch? Tell something about the Indian economy. Mr. Urjit Patel headed a committee in RBI before becoming RBI Governor. Explain. What is inflation? Is controlling inflation that simple? Can it be used and controlled by merely changing rates? What is cost push inflation? India produces so much food, still food security not in place. What are the chief reasons? Our GDP is performing best year-on-year, still so much poverty. Why? What RIDF is specifically for? Tell the names of 5 national parties and their chiefs.
- Excerpts from Interview 4: What is banking? What are the different types of loans? What are the advantages and disadvantages of banks? Who is the governor of Punjab? What is the difference between private and public banks? What do you know by Income Declaration Scheme? What is RTGS and NEFT? What is NAREGA? Why banking? Who is the CEO/MD of SBI? What are your hobbies?
- Excerpts from Interview 5: Introduce yourself. What are your interests? What type of music you like? Sing a song. What is insurance? What is LAF? What do you know about SENSEX and NIFTY? Define Fiscal Deficit? What is Sub-prime crisis? What is a Repo Rate? Who is the father of economics? Who was John Nash? When was he awarded Nobel Prize? With which illness was he suffering?
Overall Experience: The whole interview was average and the questions were related to educational background of the candidates and the projects taken during their colleges, if any.