The process of selection at NIRMA University consists of Group Discussions followed by Personal Interviews.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 15 minutes.
No. of Panelists: 3
- Technology has made our lives more dependent
- Truth and non violence-are these concepts prevalent today?
- Goods imported from China- Impact on India
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 10-12 minutes.
No. of Panelists: 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1: The interview was primarily based on academics.Firstly questions were asked on accounting,and then questions were asked on economics.Questions were also asked on the historical importance of Bathinda and then on the Hindi movie Jab We Met. No questions were asked on extra curricular activities or on introduction to self. No stress was being put on students.
- Excerpts From Interview 2: Questions were primarily academics based. There were questions like difference between Magnetron and Klystron, difference between MUX and DEMUX.Then they laid extensive stress on my hobbies and interests.
- Excerpts From Interview 3: Tell us something about yourself? Which is your field of interest in MBA? Will you make advertisements after pursuing MBA in marketing? Which company made the first personal computer?
- Excerpts From Interview 4: A number of questions asked on academics (They were shooting questions while you were answering the first one). What are the participants waiting outside, saying about the panelists and the process.Questions on global GK. Questions based on career objective? No questions on hobbies, strengths and weaknesses.
Overall Feedback – PI
In addition to the above mentioned process, one minute is given to all the students in the GD before the start of the discussion to express their views on the topic. Also at the end of the GD, 30 seconds are given to each participant to conclude the GD. Also, a student is asked to make a write up on why does he want to pursue MBA and a lot of stress is laid on that in the Interview round.