The process of selection at Great Lakes consists of Group Discussions, Essay Writing followed by Personal Interviews.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 10-12 mins.
No. of Panelists : 2
No. of Participants : 12
- Identifying people doing it right will improve productivity?
- My generation vs. my parents generation.
- US vs Russia.
- NGO or MNC what would you choose? And why?.
Feedback - Essay
Average Duration : 250 words/30 mins
Topics: (Candidates were given three topics out of which they had to select).
- What are your professional goals immediately after the completion of MBA?
- What is your perception of personal ethics Vs professional ethics? If different, can you explain the difference?
- Please elaborate on one key information that you believe is important for Great Lakes to accept your candidacy.
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 20-25 mins
No. of Panelists : 2-3
- Excerpts From Interview 1: Introduce yourself. Tell us 3 key learnings from your work experience. Why MBA? Why do you want to do MBA at this stage in your life/ career? One reason that we should not select you? What are your short- and long-term career goals? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Tell us about a challenging situation that you faced? How did you resolve it? What are your greatest strengths? Give examples. What are your weaknesses? Give examples. What would you describe are your greatest achievement to date? What are your interests and hobbies?
- Excerpts From Interview 2: Introduce yourself. Why MBA? Narayana Murthy has not done MBA, why do you want to do then? Will you leave Infosys if we offer you admission? (Candidate worked in Infosys) Will you join Infosys after completing the course? What are your interests? Why do you want to specialize in Finance? Tell us about Kotak Mahindra bank. What is the relation between prime numbers and encryption? Any other admits? Tell us about your engineering college?
- Excerpts From Interview 3: Why you want to join Great Lakes? Tell us 3 key learnings from your work experience. Why do you want to do MBA at this stage of your life/career? What is the meaning of your name? What are your short and long term career goals? Tell us about a challenging situation that you faced. What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses? Do you have any questions for us?
- Excerpts From Interview 4: Kindly introduce yourself. Why you want to join Great Lakes? How was your institute different from other players in India providing analytics training and education? What are the major obstacles facing education on data and analytics in India? Tell us something about your profile and educational background. Why do you want to be an analytics professional? What according to are the most important rising trends in analytics today? What are the most significant challenges you face during your previous course? What are your hobbies?