NITIE counts among the top management institutes of India, as per the NIRF rankings. It offers a range of post-graduate programmes, the popular ones being PGDIM (Post Graduate Diploma in Industrial Management) and PGDISEM (Post Graduate Diploma in Industrial Safety and Environmental Management). However, only engineering/technology graduates are eligible for all these courses. Depending upon the specific programme, NITIE shortlists candidates as per their scores in CAT/GRE/GMAT/GATE. The final admission is based on the candidate’s interview performance, entrance test scores, past academic scores, and work experience.
The admission procedure for PGD at NITIE followed the given order:
- Shortlisting (based on CAT/GRE/GMAT/GATEscore)
- Personal Interview
A group of 2-3 panellists assessed the candidates based on their traits, choices, goals, academic knowledge, hobbies, and work experience. While some interviews lasted for 7-8 minutes only, some others went on for 15-20 minutes. Here are some of the experiences shared by candidates interviewed in 2022:
Background:B.Tech (CS), Working asTech analyst at a Big 4
- Introduce yourself.
- What are your hobbies? Which was the last book you read? What type of books do you mostly read?Why are you drawn to Greek mythology? Name some Greek gods. What is the Indian equivalent of the trinity of Greek Gods?
- Describe five prominent characteristics of dogs. Which traits of dogs will you incorporate into your managerial role? Why not unconditional love? How do you differentiate between dog breeds? What is the difference between Shih Tzu and Beagle?
- Tell me about your volunteering experience. Why is mental health a taboo in India?
- What is your ultimate goal in life?
- What will you choose between an NGO role and a consulting role, if the package and other parameters remainthe same?
- Are you aware of the algorithms on supervised and unsupervised learning?
- What is a firewall?
- What are pointers?
- How will you explain hacking to a layman?
- What is merge sort?
Background: Experienced Professional
- From where do you belong?
- Tell me about yourself. As per your detailed description, from where do you want us to ask questions?
- What do you do now? Why did you leaveyour job?
- What was your project on? Can you tell me how exactly a bank works? So,if they charge 8% to a buyer and give at 8% to depositor then how will they make money?
- You were a part of the maintenance team, so tell me about preventive maintenance? What exactly did you do in maintenance? Do you know about the standard practices that need to be followed for maintenance?
- Do you know about ISO? Is there any linkage between MOC and ISO?
Background:B.Tech (ECE), Work Ex of 1.6 years in marketing analytics
CAT Percentile: 97.7
- Tell me about yourself.
- Why do you want to do marketing from NITIE?
- Why NITIE when there are other good colleges for marketing?
- What are the 7 Ps of marketing?
- What are the different pricing strategies ofmarketing?
- Explain a product with respect to all the Ps of marketing. How do you know so much? Then, why do you want to do MBA now?
- Do you have any questions for us?
- What's your take on sustainability in today’s businesses?
- Explain industry 4.0. How is it relevant to IT companies?
- What was your favourite subject in college? How do you see its scope in the future?
- While working as a team leader, what one strength and one weakness of yours did you identify?
- Tell us about your most significant academic achievement till date.
- There is a dip in your academics. Why is it so?
- Out of all the co-curricular activities you participatedin, tell us about one most memorable one.
- What do you know about blockchain technology?
- How do you see the future of electric vehicles in India?
Background: Work Ex of 3 years
- Why MBA? Which specialization are you interested in?
- What type of role do you want to get into?
- Where do you see yourself in the next five years?
- What is a hedge fund?
- What are mutual funds?
The candidate was also asked questions related to the testing domain.