BITS School of Management (BITSoM), Mumbai is affiliated with the Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS), Pilani. Started in 2021, BITSoM is a new-age B-school that aims to drive management functions with technology and data. It provides a two-year full-time MBA program designed for potential innovators and leaders. In the initial stage, the candidates are shortlisted as per their score in CAT /GMAT /GRE. Finally, the admissions are decided on the basis of their interview performance.
MBA ‘22 admission procedure at BITSoM followed the given order:
- Shortlisting (based on CAT /GMAT /GREscore)
- Personal Interview
A panel of two interviewers evaluated the candidates based on their personality traits, goals, experiences, hobbies, etc. Some candidates were also asked questions related to their academic knowledge. The interviews lasted for almost 10-15 minutes per candidate. Here is an actual experience shared by the candidate interviewed for MBA ‘22:
Background:B.Tech (Chemical Engineering), Work Ex of 3.5 years at Reliance Petrochemicals
- What do you do in Reliance?
- What is your job role and duties?
- What are your company’s revenue and sales targets? Do you often meet them? What are the reasons when you can't meet them?
- You have 3.5 years of work experience. Why not go for a one-year MBA course?
- Why BITSOM? What do you know about BITSOM?
- What are your long-term goals?
- You got a really good CAT percentile despite a full-time job. How did you manage it?
- How do you make surethat your customers stay loyal to you?
- Which other calls do you have? Have you given their interviews?
- Why did oil prices go negative in 2020?
- Do you have any questions for us?