For admission to a reputed business school, acing the relevant entrance tests is a prerequisite. Now that the
popular Birla Institute of Management Technology (BIMTECH) in Noida has extended an invitation to you for
further consideration or is likely to do so, you must start getting ready for the final selection rounds. At
this point, you will have to stand against candidates with intellect and skills of your level.
The admissions process at a business school is designed to check the suitability of the applicants. Through
various screening tools, the panel assesses the abilities and knowledge of the candidates required to strive in
the rigorous curriculum and training of management education.
Established by the Birla group of companies, BIMTECH (Birla Institute of Management Technology) was founded in
1988 under the umbrella of the Birla Academy of Art and Culture. Its flagship PGDM programme allows students to
specialise in a functional area (marketing, finance, human resources, etc.) as well as a sector-specific domain
(IT-ITES, BFSI, Digital Business/ Analytics) if they so choose. In addition, BIMTECH provides a number of
specialised PGDM programmes, including PGDM (International Business), PGDM (Insurance Business Management), and
PGDM (Retail Management).
BIMTECH - Selection Process
For PGDM admissions, BIMTECH shortlists candidates as per their scores in CAT/ XAT/ GMAT/ CMAT. These selected
candidates are then called to appear for the personal interview round. Initially, an essay
writing test and an extempore round were also held, and have been removed after covid-19. These rounds may or
may not be
resumed later. However, it fares well to stay updated with the current events in case of such rounds.
Finally, the admission list is prepared after considering the candidate’s performance in PI, entrance
test scores, work experience, past academic records, and gender diversity. Besides, additional weightage is
given to candidates with qualifications in engineering, maths, and statistics. There may be certain reservations
based on minority status and regional background.
BIMTECH - Interview Experiences
BIMTECH - Interview Questions
The candidates are interviewed by a group of two panellists concerning different aspects of their
personalities, academic pursuits, experiences, and other topics of interest. Questions on the state of
contemporary events are also directed toward certain candidates. In most cases, each interview took from ten to
fifteen minutes. Listed below are some of the actual interview questions shared by candidates interviewed at
BIMTECH in recent years:
Academics & Work Experience
- Which of these measures of central tendency is the most accurate?
- Which company is the most successful in the FMCG industry in India and the world?
- Have you ever taken the lead in an important project at school or college? Give example.
- In terms of digital marketing, what kind of knowledge do you possess?
- Do you have any experience in the real world working in marketing?
- What exactly did you work on for your major project?
- What opportunities exist for the development of artificial intelligence in India?
- What is your work schedule?
- Which courses did you take when you were in college?
- What kind of work profile do you have? How do you go about completing the process?
Personality Traits & Goals
- In what kind of position do you hope to find yourself in the next five years?
- After completing your degree in engineering, why do you wish to pursue a career in management?
- What are your long-term objectives for your career?
- Which is your home state?
- Why do you want to do MBA? And in what particular area of specialisation?
- Why do you prefer specialisation in Finance?
Hobbies & Extra-Curriculars