The process of selection at XLRI consists of Group Discussions and Personal Interviews.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 25-30 mins.
No. of Panelists : 3
No. of Participants: 12-15
- Lokpal Bill will serve no purpose unless people are morally right.
- Some people are born to stay poor.
- There is leadership crisis in India in religion, polity and society.
- We have dearth of entrepreneurs in India.
- Population crisis in India.
XLRI - MBA Interview Experiences
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 15-20 mins.
No. of Panelists : 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1: (A 99.90 XAT percentiler, having 10th -92.7%, 12th- 88.8% and B.Tech. ECE- 9.14 CGPA, schooling from Dubai and inclined towards finance). In GD you talked about CBI and CVC, who heads them? What is their role and scope? How can one complaint there? Difference between product and brand? How brands are built? What is advertisement? How is advertisement connected to brand building? Build a brand out of sharpener? Tell me the difference between commercial bank and investment bank? What is the locational advantage for Dubai?
- Excerpts From Interview 2: (A 99.1 XAT percentiler with 10th -92.2%, 12th- 92.8% and B.Tech Mechanical 9.33 CGPA and working at his own family's textile business). What is the meaning of your name? You mentioned Duryodhan in your GD, so tell us about Duryodhan? What was the role of Lord Krishna? What is the total turnover of and profit in your family business? What is the problem at Vidharbha in Maharashtra? When and where did textile industry originate? Name a river which flows through Maharashtra?
- Excerpts From Interview 3: (A 95.9 XAT percentiler having 10th -94.7%, 12th- 87% and B.Tech Mechanical-90.1%). Describe yourself. Justify your arguments in the GD. Explain torque. How is automobile engineering different from other mechanical subjects? What are your hobbies? What sports do you play? Who is the chairman of the planning commission of India? Who is the home minister of India? Tell us about Chandigarh. What's your family background? Kindly speak about your extra-curricular for a minute.
- Excerpts From Interview 4: (A 94.29 XAT percentiler having 10th -94.8%, 12th- 88.8% and B.Tech ECE-83.2% and a work experience of 18 months as technology analyst). Introduce yourself. Why you want to do HR after Engineering. Tell us about your values and ethics (panel gave a couple of situations to the candidate to check him on his values and ethics). What was your role in the current job? Do you read newspapers? What you have to say on the coal gate scam? Who is the coal minister of India? What is the total value of money involved in this scam?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: