The selection process at XIMB consists of a Group Discussion followed by a Personal Interview.
Feedback – Group Discussion (GD)
Average Duration: 15 min
- Business ethics are required no more Yes or No
- Should dance bars be banned
- Can Google+ surpass Facebook
- Swadeshi is irrelevant in today's India.
- Higher education in India is not of good quality
XIMB - Interview Experiences
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration: 20-25 mins
No. of Panelists: 3
- Excerpts from Interview 1 - What is the difference between synchronous and squirrel cage motor, How do they start, What are role of different motors- induction, D.C, synchronous ,single phase, squirrel cage motor, What is voltage at which power is generated at power station, Discussion on Delta and star transformation, Discussion on power factor and ways to improve it, What is the difference between electrical and electronics engineering , In which year nandankanan park was opened.
- Excerpts from Interview 2 - Tell me about yourself, What project you did you do in your college, Discussion on hobbies, Conflict management case study type question, Questions on union budget and railway budget, Discussion on JAT agitation and opinion on should they get quota or not, Why did you fill both BM and HRM, What all colleges do you have calls from.
- Excerpts from Interview 3 - Tell me about yourself, How would you, as an HR Manager, deal with a situation where a North Indian and a South Indian are at a standoff in your company, What is bug fixing, How is a bug different from a virus, What is the difference between a group and a team, What is the difference between data and information, What is the difference between confidence and overconfidence, One positive trait and one negative trait which you would like to change in youself, Do you like Sports, Which t20 tournament is going on, Which will be held next, Who is the captain of NZ Cricket Team, Who is the captain of Pak Cricket, Is Shahid Afridi the captain in all formats, Who is the PM of India, Who was the previous PM, Which nation is having presidential elections, What is the status, you want to do HRM, Why.
- Excerpts from Interview 4 - Tell us about your college and university, What is a difference between a college and a university, Tell us about the JNU issue, What is sedition. Why did you join IT sector, How has Infosys regained its charm in last 2 years, Apart from technology what else is required in an IT company, Tell us about ISO, CMMI, Data Security mechanisms, Who built Qutab Minar, Why is Rohini called Rohini, Tell us about ISIS, Who is the leader, Judge him as a leader, Why is software called software, What is the major philosophical contribution of Mahabharata, Who recited Gita, to whom and where.
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: