The process of selection at IIT Delhi consists of a Group Discussion and a Personal Interview.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 15 mins.
No. of Panelists : 3-4
No. of Participants : 14
- Success of B-Schools in India.
- How India can become a sustainable economy.
- Every cloud has a silver lining.
- How can crimes be reduced in India.
- Social security in India.
IIT Delhi - MBA Interview Experiences
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 15 mins
No. of Panelists : 3 (The panel included CEOs of well known companies).
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : (A 99.74 CAT percentiler having 10th -89%, 12th- 80.2% and B.Tech- Chemical Engineering 77.1%). Explain Stroke's equation? What is Bernoulli's equation? What is the relationship between area and velocity? How different fractions from crude oil are formed? What is NSE, SIDBI? What is TRAI and what are its functions? What are your 3 weaknesses? What did you do in the last one year after Engineering? Tell us about the NGO you have worked for. What are your hobbies? Why MBA? How companies are doing CSR?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : (A 99.56 CAT percentiler with 87.4% in 10th, 75.4% in 12th and 67.6% in B. Tech. ECE). Tell us something about yourself? Comment on the current political scenario. Who do you think will be the next Prime Minister? Is religion good for politics? Do you know about current level of sensex? Is it healthy? Why you want to pursue MBA? What clubs have you joined in your college? Which book you read recently? What is GSM and what is channel capacity?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 : (A 98.89 CAT percentiler with 91% in 10th, 83.6% in 12th and 65.88% in B.Tech. CSE). Why MBA? What was your engineering project? What did you learn in your training period? Did you use your theoretical knowledge in your training? What are direct and indirect taxes? Why the Sensex goes down every time budget is passed in the house?
- Excerpts From Interview 4 : (A 97.97 CAT percentiler with 89% in 10th, 86% in 12th and 76.52% in B.E. IT). Tell us about yourself? What do you know about the Finance Commission? Have you heard of it too often? What do you know about the Planning Commission? Who is heading it? (Some rapid fire questions were asked such as the Prime Minister, President, Previous President, Finance Minister, Vice President). Tell me five similarities between Montek Singh Ahluwalia and Manmohan Singh? So how do you help your father in his business?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: