The process of selection at NMCCE, Mumbai consists of Group Discussions based on case study followed by Personal Interviews.
Feedback: Group Discussion
Average Duration: 15 minutes
No.of Participants: 10-15
- How would you a product into a foreign market? What are the risks and benefits to consider i.e. production in your own country vs production in the new country, etc?
- A new Starbucks Store is being opened up in Chandigarh. Explain the risks associated with opening of this novel location.
- A textile company has been experiencing declines in the sales for the last two seasons. Research suggests that introducing new product lines can solve the problem. What will be your marketing strategy for company’s largest product line, including pricing, packing etc.
- A particular company XYZ is struggling and you have to identify the problems. Being an entrepreneur, how will you deal with such a situation? How would you turn the situation round? What will be your rationale behind the suggestions?
- How would you work with a sub-ordinate who is underperforming?
Feedback: Personal Interview
Average Duration: 15-20 minutes
No.of Panelists: 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1: Introduce yourself. Why NMCCE? What is your approach to making decisions and solving problems? What do you know about management? What do you expect to learn in this field? What are your weaknesses and how do you plan to overcome them? What is the capital of Jharkhand? Who is the Chairman of the Planning Commission of India?
- Excerpts From Interview 2: Tell us about yourself. Give one example when you successfully organized a diverse group of people to accomplish a task. In your opinion, what is the key to developing a good team? What is your way to assess priorities? Why should you be selected?
- Excerpts From Interview 3: What is your long-range objective? How has your education prepared for your career? Are you a team player? What is your greatest weakness? How do you plan to overcome your weak points? If you had to live your life over again, what would you like to change?
- Excerpts From Interview 4: Tell something about yourself. Where do you see yourself 5 years from now? What are your strengths and weaknesses? Why this course? What did you do in your school events? Name the company involved in Chopper deal? What is the recent happening in this case?