The process of selection at WELINGKAR consists of Group Discussion, Psychometric test, creativity test and Personal Interview.
Feedback- Group Discussion
Average Duration: 15 mins.
No. of Panelists: 3
- Climate change & I
- Joint family V/s Nuclear family
- India shining or corrupting
- Should Gambling be legalized?
Process: Sheets, glaze papers, gum, crayon and wax colours, newspapers, scissors and more of the same stuff provided to the students. Students were given a topic and required to create something out of the given things on that topic. Overall it was a test of creativity, personality and psychology of the candidate.
Feedback- Personal Interview
Average Duration: 15-20 mins.
No. of Panelists: 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1 (A B. Tech. Mechanical with academics as 75% in graduation, 85% in 12th and 81% in 10th.): Introduce yourself? What are your hobbies? Choose between one game, chess or boxing? Why do you want to do an MBA? What was your project all about? What are the other energy resources available with us? What are your strengths? What is your weakness? How do you think you can make your weakness a strength? Why do you want to go for only Operations?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 (A B. Tech. Mechanical pass out consistent academics above 75% in graduation and a work-ex of 2 years in the Automobile Industry): Tell me something about yourself ? Why MBA? How will your background in Automotive technologies help you to contribute to the MBA program? Why not ME/M.Tech? Tell us about your family? Are you satisfied with your job? Have you resigned? What would happen if you are not getting selected here? What about your Extra Curricular?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 (A B.Com. candidate with no work –ex and falling trend in academics ): Why MBA? Tell us about your hometown? What is your family background? What is trade, commerce, accounts, GDP rate and General Entry? What are your strengths? How passionate are you? How do you define passion?
- Excerpts From Interview 4 (A B.Tech. CSE candidate with no work –ex and rising trend in academics): Why MBA? What are your aspirations after an MBA? Why entrepreneurship? Why not start now and save two years? Tell me what happens when you type a web address in the address bar of browser and press enter? What is your family business? What is the business model? How old is it? Where do you export your goods to? What will you add to your business? How much revenue do you think you will generate in the 1st year?