Excerpts from Interview #1:
(A B.Engg – Mechanical student with 7.9 CGPA and having 86 % in 12th and 90 % in 10th standard)
- What are the points that must be kept in mind during forging design?
- What is heat treatment and why is it done?
- What are the different types of fits?
- Why do you want to work with heavy machinery?
- State laws of conservation of energy.
- Is boiler a closed system?
- Why do you want to join our company?
- Are you willing to relocate or travel?
- What motivates you to do a good job?
- Who is your inspiration in your life & why?
- What are your goals in life?
Excerpts from Interview #2:
(A B.Engg student with profile as 8.4 CGPA and having 78 % in 12th and 89.7 % in 10th)
- Tell me which has more efficiency: Diesel engine or Petrol engine.
- Which mechanism is used in automobile gearing?
- Why different types of sound are produced in different bikes though they are run on Si engine
- How much watt is equal to 1HP.
- Tell us about yourself.
- What motivates you at work?
- What are three qualities that your friends will describe you having?
Excerpts from Interview #3:
(A B.Engg. student with profile as 7.3 CGPA and having 89.4 % in 12th and 86 % in 10th)
- How to calculate bearing number to diameter of the inner and outer?
- Tell me about Bicycle rear wheel Sprocket working?
- Define Octane number and Cetane number
- Tell us about yourself & family background?
- Why do you have such a low score in graduation?
- What are your goals?
Excerpts from Interview #4:
(A B.Engg. – Mechanical student with profile as 8.6 CGPA and having 88 % in 12th and 89.7 % in 10th)
- How can the fatigue life of a part be improved by?
- When crude oil heated which hydro carbon comes first?
- What happens if gasoline is used in a Diesel engine?
- Why entropy decreases with the increase in temperature?
- What is bearing and what are the different types of bearing?
- Tell me about yourself?
- Difference between hard work and smart work?
- Why should I hire you?
- What makes you angry and how do you handle your anger?
Excerpts from Interview #5:
(A B.Engg. student with profile as 7.25 CGPA and having 78.5 % in 12th and 85 % in 10th)
- Who invented the four stroke engine? According to you which is more efficient four stroke or two stroke engine and why?
- Tell me the formula of heat loss in a pipe.
- Tell me the difference between torque and power?
- Why do heavy vehicles use diesel engine?
- Would you like to change your domain, if yes why?
- What are you expecting from the company?
- Are you comfortable shifting base?
Excerpts from Interview #6:
(A B.Engg. – Mechanical student with profile as 7.38 CGPA and having 84 % in 12th and 92.1 % in 10th)
- Which conduct faster heat among steel, copper and brass?
- Tell me the different types of sensors.
- Which minerals are used in the manufacture of cars?
- Why re-heater is used in gas turbine?
- Introduce yourself.
- Name some of your strengths and weaknesses?
- Tell me about your family background.
- What do you know about our company?
- Where do you see yourself five years down the line?