ACTUAL B - SCHOOL EXPERIENCES
National Inst. of Industrial Engg., Mumbai
The process of selection at NITIE consists of Group Discussions followed by Personal Interviews.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 15-18 mins. (2 minutes to think, 10-15 minutes for discussion and 2 minutes to conclude).
No. of Panelists : 4 No. of Participants: 10
- Can Indian Brands become global?
- Do India's youth have enough role models?
- Should elite B schools be made completely autonomous?
- How to deal with Inflation?
- Is Intelligence more important than integrity?
Feedback - Personal Interview
|Average Duration : 15-20 mins No. of Panelists : 3-4|
- Excerpts From Interview 1: (A 98.20 CAT percentiler with 10th -91.2%, 12th-91.8% and B.Tech. in ECE -80.06% and has played badminton at national level and worked with an NGO for 5 months). Introduce yourself. What are your strengths? What is the difference in market shares of Nokia, Samsung and Apple? What are the reasons for that? How call is transferred from Vodafone to Airtel when any user makes a call? Explain it technically. Why we do not get network in our phone when we are in a basement. Why network connectivity of one network is better than other? What's your weakness?
- Excerpts From Interview 2: (A 99.56 CAT percentiler with 87.4% in 10th, 75.4% in 12th and 67.6% in B. Tech. ECE). Tell us something about yourself. Why you want to pursue MBA? Tell us how change in demand and supply affect price of a product with the help of an example. What is opportunity cost? You have studied a subject of management in your B.Tech, tell us what did you study in that subject? Why have your marks been on decline after class 10th? Do you take part in extracurricular activities? You live near Kurukshetra. Tell me what business ethics do you learn from Mahabharata?
- Excerpts From Interview 3: (A 97.97 CAT percentiler with 89% in 10th, 86% in 12th and 76.52% in B.E. IT). Tell us something about yourself. Tell us about your final year project? Have you read about Cryptography? Tell us about encryption and decryption? What is symmetric and asymmetric encryption? Explain me an algorithm. Explain RSA algorithm. What algorithm is used by banks? How can you say you have no interest in security being an IT guy, how will you handle business? What do you know in Software Engineering? What do you know about testing? Tell us some news in pharmaceutical sector? What are your hobbies?
- Excerpts From Interview 4: (A 97.6 CAT percentiler with 10th -84.6%, 12th-87.2% and B.Tech. ECE -66% and work experience of 30 months with reputed IT company). Introduce yourself. Why you want to go for MBA? What is your job profile? What kind of projects you have done? Where does charge in electron comes from? What is the smallest particle you know? Tell us about your family Tell us about yourself? Tell us something about Shimla? What is Shimla famous for? If asked to do business there what will you prefer doing? What are your hobbies? Which news paper does Ramachandra Guha write columns for? Which newspaper do you read? What contribution will you make to NITIE?