The process of selection at KJ Somaiya consists of Essay Writing, a Psychometric Test, a Case Study and a Personal Interview.
Feedback - Essay Writing
Word Limit : 300
- Are MBA's suitable for small scale and medium scale industries?
- Can India be ignored by the international community?
- Should TV programs be sponsored or not?
- Is IT losing its sheen as a good career option?
- NGO's and their role.
Feedback - Case Study
Average Duration : 10-15 mins.
No. of Panelists : 4
- Udipi Hotels going out of business.
- Whether KV GARMENTS should cater the middle class in recession time as they are only in premium end now and are suffering losses.
- An employee with 10 year work experience in Satyam. What should he do? Join MBA or other company or continue. (During the Satyam crisis)
- E-governance in India, challenges faced in enforcing, role of NGO's and Private sector.
- Studio v/s studies. Exploitation of child artist in India.
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 20-25 mins.
No. of Panelists : 2
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : Why you want to do MBA? Why HR? What is Women Reservation Bill? What are your views on it? What are your hobbies? So you like reading. What do you read? Tell me your favorite authors and novels. Who is the chairman of the Planning Commission of India? What is the role of Planning Commission?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : Introduce yourself. What are you doing at present? What is your job profile? What are your hobbies? Where do you stay? Tell me something about your place? What are your favorite subjects? Who issues coins and one rupee notes? Where is the treasury of India located? What is the number of languages written on a note?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 : What is the occupation of your father? What is your favorite subject? What is entrepreneurship? What is the difference between an entrepreneur and a businessman? Why is P&L account not known as profit and loss account? (student had a commerce background).Name national and international top table tennis players. (student is a national level player).Do you read economic times?(student was interested in finance)How many other B-school calls do you have? Why do you want to get into our college? Why is your percentage low in graduation?