The process of selection at IMT consists of a Case study based Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 25 mins.
No. of Panelists : 3
No. of Participants : 13
- Facts and details about Bharat Ratna, Sportspersons getting it were given and the discussion was to be made on should Bharat Ratna be given to Sachin Tendulkar? Also why not Salmaan Khan or Shahrukh Khan be given Bharat Ratna for contributions in their fields?
- A case about judgement between 2 managers were given, who had different views on the employees and had different solutions to the problem and a discussion was to be made on the views of candidates on the difference in their approach?
- Some details,description of the business of a girl selling homemade cookies was given. Should she expand her business or should she go for a post graduation in management?
- A manager of a company sends the mechanic of his company to his house to repair ACs. After repairing 2 AC's in the house as the mechanic enters the 3rd room, he sees the manager's wife sleeping in scanty clothes. The mechanic gets frightened and runs away. The manager complains to the HR Manager that the mechanic attempted to rape his wife What should the HR manager do?
- Customer service arm under a manager is to be outsourced. Only people clearing exams will be absorbed in other verticals. People after failing the test were reluctant to work so Manager's dilemma is to make them work in their 1 month notice period.
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 15-20 mins.
No. of Panelists : 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : (A 97.6 percentiler B.Tech. IT student with declining academics at 77.8% in graduation and no work-experience, with interest in travelling)? What is the meaning of your name? (Tradition of good values) What traditional values have you learned? Is Delhi a U.T. or a state? Who is the governor of Punjab? Who is the current Civil Aviation Minister? Which all places have you travelled to till now? Why don't you go for PhD. like your parents? Do you think monetary benefits should beattached with research work ?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : (A 92 percentiler student with 82% - 10th , 67% in 12th and 76.1% in graduation and working with a reputed IT company)? Introduce yourself? Tell us about your family background? What are your hobbies? (Car Driving) Tell us about some car manufacturing companies and their brand ambassadors) When do we celebrate Teacher's day? Blood donationday? Is Delhi a U.T. / State, Who is C.M. of Delhi? Why MBA? What is your current profile? Where are Sikkim and Bhutan located?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 (A 93 percentiler B.E. Mechanical student from Patiala with declining academics and no work-ex) : ? Are you happy with the chaos during your G.D.? Tell us about the history of Patiala? What are the specialties of Patiala? Why MBA? Why HR manager? Tell us something about Maruti Suzuki Udyog and why is there strike in their manufacturing facility? You are the only girl in Mechanical Engineering branch, how did you manage? How did it affect your leadership skills? Rate yourself in GD? Was it one of you worst or best GD? What is the difference between a petrol & diesel engine?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.