The process of selection at IMI consists of a Group Discussion, an Essay and a Personal Interview
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 15 mins.
No. of Panelists : 3
- Should spirituality lessons be included at the primary, secondary and higher level education
- Consideration the stress and personal discomfort faced by the students?
- Right to Education: Dream or Reality?
- Test cricket is losing its popularity due to shorter cricket.
- Live in relationships.
- India can never catch up with China in terms of Economic growth.
- Business and Ethics don't go together.
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 10 mins.
No. of Panelists : 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : Current news/events about New Delhi. Tell us about your father's business? Why don't you join it? You being an engineer should go into some technical line. Don't you think so? What's your aim? What challenges can you face in achieving that? How will IMI help you in achieving this aim? Have you seen 3 idiots? Who was the 4th idiot? What did you learn from the movie in technical /engineering aspect? What newspaper do you read? Why? Who owns this newspaper? How has AISEC helped you? (student was a member of the organization)How many other calls did you get? What was asked in the MDI interview?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : Why did you speak so less in the group discussions? Tell us something about your qualities and why should we select you? Why did you not pursue MBA directly after graduation? What specialization do you want to pursue? What can you tell us about the scope of growth in the telecom sector in India? If I have to invest in a telecom company, then which one should I invest in? What is the current share price of Idea and Nokia? What is your CAT Score?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 : What is a high pass filter? Which electronic components are required to make a high pass filter? What is the formula for impedance of a capacitor? What does an AND gate do? How would you design an AND gate using transistors? What losses are there in a transmission line? What have you been doing for the past two and a half years? What have you learnt from your work? Why do you want to do MBA? What do you mean by peer learning? How does a B School prepare you for the industry when it cannot mimic an industry environment?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.